Overseas Sellers Swamping Trademe

Postby Scotty on Mon 21/Sep/15 6:32am

Trademe's bike parts section is now swamped by overseas retailers, so I'm looking to use alternatives.

Obviously I can go straight to the source through Aliexpress for the carbon frames that are showing up, the parts and accessories can all go through Chainreaction or Wiggle. If I really want to enter into an auction with an overseas seller I can just use eBay.

Is there any New Zealand-based alternatives grommie-infested facebook groups? Do we need to make more of an effort to fire up the classifieds section here?

I'm just looking for ideas right now.
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Overseas Sellers Swamping Trademe

Postby wachtourak on Mon 21/Sep/15 6:52am

Someone just needs to start one on facebook that has active admins who wield the banhammer with impunity. I'd do it, but I don't buy and sell enough stuff to give a shit. Though it would be tempting to make groms whinge.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Scotty on Mon 21/Sep/15 6:54am

I had thought of starting one called "grom free - name your price".

Grommie behaviour - Banstick
Not naming a price - BANSTICK.
Scotty

Postby wachtourak on Mon 21/Sep/15 7:00am

PIC FOR ATTENTION - Banned.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby dwgknz on Mon 21/Sep/15 7:19am

Not selling just yet, just wondering what it's worth - BANNED
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby Scotty on Mon 21/Sep/15 7:44am

Sharing the latest cool vid you saw on the internet - BANNED.
Scotty

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 21/Sep/15 8:14am

Scotty wrote:Trademe's bike parts section is now swamped by overseas retailers, so I'm looking to use alternatives.

Do we need to make more of an effort to fire up the classifieds section here?

I'm just looking for ideas right now.

You have a good idea here, I used to use the local classifieds a lot.
Not on bookfarce, and have seen the drop in decent parts for sale on tardme noted recently.

Go the vorb classifieds, where else can I get a PSP and a bmx for my slightly used full face?
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby el_booto on Mon 21/Sep/15 8:26am

wachtourak wrote:Someone just needs to start one on facebook that has active admins who wield the banhammer with impunity. I'd do it, but I don't buy and sell enough stuff to give a shit. Though it would be tempting to make groms whinge.

Neither... that and I'm not on Facebook, cbf with that shit

The Canterbury mtb sales group is not too bad from what I gather (I know the head admin and do a lot of trade with him even though I'm not on the facetoob) and he's relatively on to it with managing derpy behavior

I've bought/sold a fair bit of stuff through him, none of it has come back to bite me yet

Scotty, have you utilized the filters on TM so it only shows up new/used/xyz options?
That's how I weed out all the international stuff, you can also filter by location (region/north/south Island)

/2c
el_booto
"Don't let anyone say "the world is your oyster" the world is not an oyster..."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 21/Sep/15 10:37am

Would be great to see the classifieds on here charging again, I used to find it was a great place to sell and buy. I really struggle with the fb pages as there are far too many groms and poorly worded ads. The hard thing with TM as been as the selling fees rise people have stopped putting up auctions, which of course becomes the beginning of the decline. I've got few bits to sell at the moment tried listing a couple of things here, didn't sell them here but people were looking at the thing's I listed, but want them sold, so will list on tm and link to here
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby dave_sharpe on Mon 21/Sep/15 10:56am

With regard to the trademe thing - it would be nice if they added the option to display results only from NZ. At present, you can set your region to "North Island" or "South Island" as a workaround, but doing so every time a search is performed is pretty huckery.

I normally use trademe to view the witty banter and insightful outpourings of the community over whatever trivial matter is most salient to hard working New Zealanders, via the trademe forum.
dave_sharpe
Member for: 3 years 1 month

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 21/Sep/15 11:16am

dave_sharpe wrote:
I normally use trademe to view the witty banter and insightful outpourings of the community over whatever trivial matter is most salient to hard working New Zealanders, via the trademe forum.

:D
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 21/Sep/15 11:59am

dave_sharpe wrote:With regard to the trademe thing - it would be nice if they added the option to display results only from NZ. At present, you can set your region to "North Island" or "South Island" as a workaround, but doing so every time a search is performed is pretty huckery.

I'd totally use a "NZ only" button.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby dwgknz on Mon 21/Sep/15 12:17pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:I'd totally use a "NZ only" button.

Not if the TPPA has it's way
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby R+P+K on Mon 21/Sep/15 12:23pm

dave_sharpe wrote:I normally use trademe to view the witty banter and insightful outpourings of the community over whatever trivial matter is most salient to hard working New Zealanders, via the trademe forum.

Witty and insightful are two words I would NEVER use to describe the TradeMe forums.
R+P+K
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby R+P+K on Mon 21/Sep/15 12:24pm

All those damn overseas sellers hawking their shit on our NZ websites..... :sly:

wiggle.JPG
R+P+K
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Cycling | Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts