Vorb Joins The Wiggle Affiliate Program

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Fri 20/Mar/15 3:04pm

Today's big news going into the weekend is, we have signed up Wiggle.com to our list of affiliate programs. This gives you a much greater range of products to choose from, over 7000, which is a good thing. Another good thing, is choosing to buy product from wiggle via a supporter link on vorb. There are many places on vorb where these links cna be found. The most prominent of which are the little product display boxes, click any one of those and you'll be directed to Wiggle, from there you can browse to buy whatever you like, and that helps us.

Due to the way Wiggle calculate their prices to New Zealand Dollars we cannot get the exact price that is one their website, but we're only a few cents out. So the price you see on vorb is a very accurate price compared to that which you will actually pay.

The seasoned Wiggle purchasers amongst you will notice they have re-branded themselves, so this is a new start for both them and vorb. Watch this space for upcoming savings and exclusive offers from Wiggle.

To see the full range click here =} HERE
wiggle (1).gif
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Vorb Joins The Wiggle Affiliate Program

Postby znomit on Fri 20/Mar/15 3:37pm

:thumbsup:
znomit
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby happybaboon on Fri 20/Mar/15 7:26pm

Nice.

I'll go back to using Wiggle via vorb links wherever I can.

But.... please tell the wiggles that they send WAY too much spam.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Farm on Fri 20/Mar/15 8:31pm

If someone posts a link into a thread directly to a cheap deal they found would it recognise it came from here?
Farm
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Rik on Fri 20/Mar/15 9:43pm

Farm wrote:If someone posts a link into a thread directly to a cheap deal they found would it recognise it came from here?

We get a feed wiggle, so any cheap deals you see on the wiggle 'should' come through to vorb automatically :D

But yeah, post a heads up if you see any deals. I can always edit the link if it doesn't get picked up.

I reckon the =} what did you buy from wiggle this week thread is the best place to post that kinda stuff
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby ancient provorb on Tue 24/Mar/15 10:04am

I struggle with the ethics of supporting off-shore suppliers who have an unfair advantage by paying no GST. In the meantime local cycle shops (who provide great service and support) go broke because they can no longer compete.
ancient provorb
Member for: 7 years 0 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 24/Mar/15 10:28am

lol gst sooking
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Rik on Tue 24/Mar/15 10:56am

ancient provorb wrote:I struggle with the ethics of supporting off-shore suppliers who have an unfair advantage by paying no GST. In the meantime local cycle shops (who provide great service and support) go broke because they can no longer compete.

This is the whole point of vorb joining their affiliate. By buying stuff via vorb you ARE supporting New Zealand business you are supporting vorb. If you go straight to Wiggle.com ALL of the money goes abroad. If you buy via vorb 4% stays here (and helps keep us from going broke :cry: ). If you spent more than $400, then lots of it goes to the government when you DO pay GST.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby znomit on Tue 24/Mar/15 11:43am

Vorb is NZ owned?
znomit
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 24/Mar/15 11:51am

ancient provorb wrote:I struggle with the ethics of supporting off-shore suppliers who have an unfair advantage by paying no GST. In the meantime local cycle shops (who provide great service and support) go broke because they can no longer compete.

I struggle with the ethics of spending up to 3 times as much for the same item just so some distributer can live off the cream of the hard work done by local bike shops.

I also struggle with the ethics of supporting bike shops that think that having a coffee shop, a big foot print, lots of stock and fancy fitout are all good business decisions.

I support local bike shops that provide a good value and quality workshop and can get stuff in quickly when I need it.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby thelivo on Tue 24/Mar/15 11:55am

dwgknz wrote:I also struggle with the ethics of supporting bike shops that think that having a coffee shop, a big foot print, lots of stock and fancy fitout are all good business decisions.

Do you live in Wellington?? :cool:
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby banga on Tue 24/Mar/15 11:59am

ancient provorb wrote: In the meantime local cycle shops (who provide great service and support) go broke because they can no longer compete.

That's not always the case.
banga
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 24/Mar/15 12:11pm

thelivo wrote:
dwgknz wrote:I also struggle with the ethics of supporting bike shops that think that having a coffee shop, a big foot print, lots of stock and fancy fitout are all good business decisions.

Do you live in Wellington?? :cool:

Kapiti - to be fair to iRide they did have a 9 speed shifter in stock when no one else did 4 days before the Karapoti.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby philstar on Tue 24/Mar/15 4:10pm

dwgknz wrote:I struggle with the ethics of spending up to 3 times as much for the same item just so some distributer can live off the cream of the hard work done by local bike shops.
I support local bike shops that provide a good value and quality workshop and can get stuff in quickly when I need it.

:withstupid:
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Orphan on Wed 25/Mar/15 7:32pm

Is it what is needed for Vorb to survive? Such a commercial arrangement?
Orphan
"I ride bicycles."
Member for: 2 years 8 months

Cycling | News | Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts