Post Your Ride 2015

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 15/Mar/15 9:04am

Move over robbie!
20150315_083845.jpg
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Re: Post Your Ride 2015

Postby happybaboon on Sun 15/Mar/15 9:37am

I should get my bike dirty and get in on this....
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 15/Mar/15 9:52am

Indubitably
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby Percy Pig on Sun 15/Mar/15 10:13am

shmoodiver wrote:Move over robbie!

Bling as bro!
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby PhilW on Mon 16/Mar/15 10:11am

Matched set.2015 Tarmac & WC epic.
PhilW
Member for: 3 years 1 month

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 16/Mar/15 10:50am

Hot Shmoo! But... 36? Where's your 55 / 350?
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby shmoodiver on Mon 16/Mar/15 11:21am

Velocipedestrian wrote:

Hot Shmoo! But... 36? Where's your 55 / 350?

I have moved on, the spring rate was never gonna be right for me unless I lost 40kg and marzo's don't go too good with the airs so I got a forks that works with the airs.

I have lost a bit of traction and suppleness but have gained some mid stroke stability and lost a few hundy grams in the process.

And besides, it's all colour matched now!
shmoodiver

Postby wachtourak on Mon 16/Mar/15 7:12pm

PhilW wrote:Matched set.2015 Tarmac & WC epic.

lol get yr marketing man
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby foremannz on Fri 15/May/15 6:46pm

I had a good year at work, and they gave me enough to buy my dream bike outright! Changed the bars to 725's, changed the grips to add some colour, then added a slightly softer seat - all in all, its come our better than I expected, and by god is it fast! Just got some new tires on the way for it, as the NZ models come with Maxxis tires and the back tire you get on the NZ models is pretty much a hardpack tire, so a nobby nic and magic mary are on their way for it as I wanted to see what the fuss was about with the magic mary on the front as well!

10995413_10152736770929599_3045211328002443479_o.jpg
Make it reign!
foremannz
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby happybaboon on Fri 15/May/15 6:49pm

That''s pretty badass.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby foremannz on Fri 15/May/15 6:58pm

My 2 riding mates used to leave me behind on Woodhill descents, now they have trouble keeping up and notice I don't pick lines anymore, I just ride wherever I like and the suspension sorts it out! Last weekend in one of the new trails, I held my line through a fast section, our fastest mate behind me missed a switchback and nearly collected me rejoining the track, and my other mate got it all wrong and entered the corner pointing in the wrong direction ... the bike did good LOL

The only thing I would say is the bike badly needs a remote lever for the rear shock, and I am on the hunt for some sort of conversion - the shock is mounted very low, and you have to almost stop to flick it between settings!
foremannz

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 15/May/15 8:09pm

foremannz wrote:Thanks :)

My 2 riding mates used to leave me behind on Woodhill descents, now they have trouble keeping up and notice I don't pick lines anymore, I just ride wherever I like and the suspension sorts it out! Last weekend in one of the new trails, I held my line through a fast section, our fastest mate behind me missed a switchback and nearly collected me rejoining the track, and my other mate got it all wrong and entered the corner pointing in the wrong direction ... the bike did good LOL

The only thing I would say is the bike badly needs a remote lever for the rear shock, and I am on the hunt for some sort of conversion - the shock is mounted very low, and you have to almost stop to flick it between settings!

wait till you get it onto some real downs.
shmoodiver

Postby foremannz on Fri 15/May/15 10:24pm

LOL, I need more tallent for that I think, although the bike seems to give me tallent points ... either that, or I'm going to have a big crash soon!
foremannz

Postby AgrAde on Sun 31/May/15 9:54pm

Now with pisstake enve swag swag rims that aren't actually enve rims and don't say enve on them. And ODI locknecks because my hand is fubar and I need nice squishy cushion :thumbsup:
swagswag.jpg
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby herbman on Sun 31/May/15 10:48pm

My reign as it currently rolls

I have replaced the deore stuff with a mix of SLX (cranks) XT (brakes and cluster) and zee.
Gone 1x10 with revolution components 30t NW front ring and 40t range extender
Replaced the giant dropper and seat with a KS LEV integra and my old gobi.

Somewhere around 13kg which I'm rather happy with for a bike like this.

Will try the new 11speed xt on it when I can get my hands on some. And maybe look at some new wheels and rear shock.
image.jpg
herbman
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Cycling | Post Your Bike - Latest Posts