Flaot Ctd Rear Shock

Postby Nate1 on Tue 3/Feb/15 6:57pm

Hello,

Have a rear shock which was on the first bike Ive bought (2013 Reign 1), I left the servicing too long, but there wasn't an issue with the CTD until I replaced the seals, now the CTD doesn't work, is always at full compression, Ive checked all the Youtube videos I can find and 99% sure Ive done it correctly other than it not working.

Is the CTD operation related to the seals at all, in the comments on the video here, he mentions another sort of service by sending to Fox,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZBiq0wuhU4 (Same bike)

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Nate1
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Re: Flaot Ctd Rear Shock

Postby dwgknz on Tue 3/Feb/15 8:21pm

Nate1 wrote:Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Quite possibly the fact that you keep buying Fox and servicing them yourself even though you have terrible bad luck with their products apparently.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby Dougal on Tue 3/Feb/15 9:08pm

You've just changed the air-seals?

They aren't related to the CTD problems. The problem with CTD is the design of the shock makes air intrusion happen more often. Once enough air gets into the damper your oil is foamed and your CTD adjusted ports just have foam moving through them.

The fix is a shock service with new fluid and slightly higher IFP pressure to slow down the air ingress.

I got your email, will answer it tomorrow.
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Nate1 on Tue 3/Feb/15 9:26pm

Cool thanks man,
Nate1
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Bicycle Repair | Bikes + Frames + Forks | Cycling | Rear Shocks - Latest Posts