Vorb Joins The Torpedo7 Affiliate Program.

Postby Rik on Tue 13/Jan/15 9:54am

We're trying something new with vorb. vorb has joined the Torpedo7 affiliate program.

If you want to support vorb and I hope you would. When you are looking to buy some cycle accessories online, click on the Stores link in the top menu bar or just click one of the product ads. on any page. If you do decide to buy from the Torpedo7 store on vorb, then cost difference to you is zero, but it will help to pay for vorb's upkeep. Over the past year the combined income from advertisers and supporters of vorb has not covered the bandwidth and hosting costs, so it is important, if vorb is still to be here a year from now.

It is also important to support your LBS, but there are times when it is much cheaper, or just more convenient, to purchase online. So there is nothing evil about buying online.

I wouldn't recommend you do anything that I don't personally believe in. So put to one side any pre-conceptions you may have about the Warehouse group. I have done a thorough "difficult customer test" of the Torpedo7 multi-point retail network and I came away very impressed with the result. Stuff turned up quickly and correctly an when stuff was the wrong size it got corrected with a minimum of fuss.

So go spend your Christmas moneys, and please remember to go via vorb for all you Torpedo 7 purchases :love:
T7Logo.jpg
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Re: Vorb Joins The Torpedo7 Affiliate Program.

Postby dwgknz on Tue 13/Jan/15 10:13am

Melissa_Theuriau wrote:Over the past year the combined income from advertisers and supporters of vorb has not covered the bandwidth and hosting costs, so it is important, if vorb is still to be here a year from now.

Out of interest how far off was it, and how would one make a contribution to Vorb?
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 13/Jan/15 10:18am

the affiliate store is the pain the arse to navigate, is there some way I can just stick a code in on regular torpedo7 to get the same thing going on?
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 13/Jan/15 10:27am

Prices through Vorb seem a little out of whack too, this frame says $799.99 on here but clicks through to $1,499.99 on T7.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby Rik on Tue 13/Jan/15 10:28am

Wobbler wrote:the affiliate store is the pain the arse to navigate, is there some way I can just stick a code in on regular torpedo7 to get the same thing going on?

Click on any of the supporters links/tiles :D
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"

Postby Rik on Tue 13/Jan/15 10:29am

dwgknz wrote:Prices through Vorb seem a little out of whack too, this frame says $799.99 on here but clicks through to $1,499.99 on T7.

Yes I know, It's not our technology involved, it theirs, but I am trying to get them to sort it.
Rik

Postby Rik on Tue 13/Jan/15 10:35am

dwgknz wrote:Out of interest how far off was it, and how would one make a contribution to Vorb?

Somewhere between 'not being able to feed and clothe the kids' and 'not buying them the latest iphone for Christmas'

We will always welcome contributions (in any form) to vorb, just PM me :)
Rik

Postby happybaboon on Tue 13/Jan/15 1:15pm

I bet the T man just went and dug a grave in his back garden, just so he could lie down in it and then roll over in it :D
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby philstar on Tue 13/Jan/15 2:22pm

happybaboon wrote:I bet the T man just went and dug a grave in his back garden, just so he could lie down in it and then roll over in it :D

considering that T7 is now under the warehouse (where everything is open or broken) group and not under whoever it was when the T man form his aversion to T7 it may not be as repugnant
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby wachtourak on Tue 13/Jan/15 2:35pm

It's OK, it's not like they went and affiliated with Bike Barn or anything.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Scotty on Tue 13/Jan/15 2:36pm

I think we would if we could. :)
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Scotty on Tue 13/Jan/15 2:37pm

philstar wrote:
happybaboon wrote:I bet the T man just went and dug a grave in his back garden, just so he could lie down in it and then roll over in it :D

considering that T7 is now under the warehouse (where everything is open or broken) group and not under whoever it was when the T man form his aversion to T7 it may not be as repugnant

Ancient History. A lot of the users wouldn't even be aware of the old devil store days.
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 13/Jan/15 2:47pm

If you look at commerce commission findings then you'll see the warewhare is hardly a bastion of ethics
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby ryda on Tue 13/Jan/15 3:31pm

My how things have changed..... I remeber when there was coding to change T7 to "The Devil Store" and now we are being given advise from a fictitious person to use them.... :paranoid:

Melissa_Theuriau wrote:I wouldn't recommend you do anything that I don't personally believe in. So put to one side any pre-conceptions you may have about the Warehouse group. I have done a thorough "difficult customer test" of the Torpedo7 multi-point retail network and I came away very impressed with the result. Stuff turned up quickly and correctly an when stuff was the wrong size it got corrected with a minimum of fuss.
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Rik on Tue 13/Jan/15 3:37pm

ryda wrote:My how things have changed..... I remeber when there was coding to change T7 to "The Devil Store" and now we are being given advise from a fictitious person to use them.... :paranoid:

Melissa_Theuriau wrote:I wouldn't recommend you do anything that I don't personally believe in. So put to one side any pre-conceptions you may have about the Warehouse group. I have done a thorough "difficult customer test" of the Torpedo7 multi-point retail network and I came away very impressed with the result. Stuff turned up quickly and correctly an when stuff was the wrong size it got corrected with a minimum of fuss.

Sorry, I get confused between the many personas I use on vorb. Who shall I log in as now :hmmm:
Rik

Cycling | News | Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts