Pearl White Bar Tape

Postby Rik on Mon 12/Jan/15 9:42pm

Where could I get hold of some pearl white bar tape?
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: Pearl White Bar Tape

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Mon 12/Jan/15 10:43pm

Rik wrote:Where could I get hold of some pearl white bar tape?

I had some (dont ask) it might have got chucked in a clean out. I will look in the box tomorrow.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Rik on Mon 12/Jan/15 10:55pm

happybaboon wrote:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=where+can+i+buy+pearl+white+bar+tape%3F#

hell that link was as useless as my own efforts to search google.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 13/Jan/15 6:54am

Soma does a white bar tape, but because its EVA based rather than cork based it will be a bright finish, raather than the dull finish of most white tapes

http://www.somafab.com/archives/product ... ty-bartape
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Kev on Tue 13/Jan/15 7:17am

If you had asked for Snow, Bone, Ivory, Linen, Eggshell, Vanilla, Cream or Ghost white, I may have been able to help but if you must have Pearl, you're on your own.
Kev
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Rik on Tue 13/Jan/15 7:29am

Ivory might do in a pinch. I'll get back to you if have no joy locating some with a pearlescent finish
Rik

Postby happybaboon on Tue 13/Jan/15 9:30am

Won't white bar tape go through a week or so pearly phase before turning dull creamy and finally grey/blackish after a month?
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Kev on Tue 13/Jan/15 10:31am

Only if you actually ride the bicycle. I suspect Rik just wants to look cool, sipping his Chai Latte, sitting next to a Pearl handlebar'ed classic Raleigh, outside the local coffee shop.
Kev
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Rik on Tue 13/Jan/15 10:39am

Kev wrote:Only if you actually ride the bicycle. I suspect Rik just wants to look cool, sipping his Chai Latte, sitting next to a Pearl handlebar'ed classic Raleigh, outside the local coffee shop.

In my defence:

Rik

Postby wachtourak on Tue 13/Jan/15 11:50am

The Fizik superlight stuff (the synthetic leather "microtex" one) cleans pretty well as it is not porous like cork. It's quite thin though, depends how much cush you like in your tape
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Tue 13/Jan/15 3:07pm

wachtourak wrote:The Fizik superlight stuff (the synthetic leather "microtex" one) cleans pretty well as it is not porous like cork. It's quite thin though, depends how much cush you like in your tape

:withstupid:
mine lasted till wearing out without looking too bad

white white though
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Tue 13/Jan/15 4:27pm

Kev wrote:Only if you actually ride the bicycle. I suspect Rik just wants to look cool, sipping his Chai Latte, sitting next to a Pearl handlebar'ed classic Raleigh, outside the local coffee shop.

that and the vintage raleigh is held together with Ados F2 and is thus insanely dangerous to ride..... plus it was built by someone wearing a flat cap who belonged to an english trade union...... in the 1970's. WCGW?
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Rik on Tue 13/Jan/15 9:46pm

Isn't that the same stuff that holds together any modern CF bike? I tell you, those flat cappers , when they weren't on strike or tea break where visionaries ahead of their time.
Rik

Controls + Cockpit | Cycling | Grips + Bar Tape - Latest Posts