Dobies Or Sifters?

Postby JulioRiviera on Sat 10/Jan/15 12:32pm

I have a pair of Pearl Izumi shorts that are comfortable and quick drying, but the way they fit means the crotch hangs low - good for ventilation :) but it catches on my seat and is annoying :angry: , so.... Thinking about some dobies or Sifters or something else. Your thoughts?
JulioRiviera
Member for: 3 years 3 months

Re: Dobies Or Sifters?

Postby Trail on Sat 10/Jan/15 1:01pm

Juggernauts or Snipers from Ground Effect. Made in NZ (just like the Dobies and Sifters) and designed by people that are out there riding them. Great hard wearing material that is light and comfortable and quick drying.

Juggernauts - performance short that hangs around the knees http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product/SHO/JUG

Snipers - less pockets, less length - super comfy for riding. http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product/SHO/SNI

They ship overnight (business days) and have a great returns/exchange policy :thumbsup:
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby spiderweb on Sat 10/Jan/15 2:31pm

NZO shorts are awesome - can't go wrong. Service from Gaz is great also.
spiderweb
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby wolffman1 on Sat 10/Jan/15 5:57pm

I've had a pair of dobies for probably 6 years and they are still going strong. They don't get a lot of use but they will outlast anything else in my cycling wardrobe. The only sign of use is a bit of paint or something.
The fleece pad is pretty light but seems to help a little on short rides with the kids. Longer rides intend to wear a pair of Knicks as well.
The sifters look a little more tailored, but the drawstring on the dobies works fine
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby musta on Mon 12/Jan/15 12:27pm

I've got both types.
Love my Dobies, more light and easy to ride in.
Money well spent
musta
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby mudlover/hater on Mon 12/Jan/15 8:19pm

I've got two pars of Dobies, one of which I've had for 5-6 years and they've been thrashed and crashed in... wear them twice before they're washed and they're ridden in 3-5 times a week....

A few signs of wear in the older pair ie. a small hole (that happened cos of a crash early after I got them but hasn't gotten bigger at all), some seams looking a little tired but the waist band hasn't lost any elasticity...

Such good shorts... :thumbsup:

I bought Ground Effect Juggernauts but returned them because the fit is more snug than I like and the next size up would've been too long....
mudlover/hater
"Hoh. Hoh. Hoh. Now I haf.. a machine gun."
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Postby JulioRiviera on Fri 16/Jan/15 7:57pm

So... Sifters or Snipers then?
JulioRiviera

Postby Trail on Sat 17/Jan/15 10:44am

Order both, try them on. Keep the winners and return the others for refund? The returns for refund policy of both Nzo and G.E. are very similar - no questions asked refund if the gear has only been tried on.

Snipers are the comfiest riding baggies I have ridden in but I have not had a pair of Nzo shorts for about 5 years. They may have upped their game? From past Nzo shorts I had I think the Snipers are likely to be made out of a lighter fabric which is still very hard wearing. The "mesh vents"on the Snipers are stretchy and the placement means the short stretches with you when pedaling. The velcro hip tabs do keep the shorts on your hips.

The Snipers will sit shorter than the Sifters - which means they are cooler and easier to pedal in. The Snipers only have one cargo pocket on the left thigh where as the Sifters have hip pockets etc... The lack of hip pockets on the Snipers mean that you are less likely to wear them casually off the bike? The GE Supertankers are probably the closest thing to the Sifters in the GE range.
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby JulioRiviera on Sat 17/Jan/15 11:54am

Great feedback thanks @Trail
JulioRiviera

Cycling | Cycling Clothing | Cycling Shorts + Longs - Latest Posts