“on Any Sunday-the Next Chapter” Premieres This Weekend

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Thu 4/Dec/14 9:03am

In 1971, “On Any Sunday” starring Steve McQueen opened in theatres and wrote its place in motorcycle history. Directed by Bruce Brown – who also helmed surfing classic “The Endless Summer” – “On Any Sunday“ was an insider look at motorcycle racing, reaching a wide audience that was fascinated by the heartfelt stories of real-life riders. The film earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Documentary Feature.

Four decades later, sequel “On Any Sunday, The Next Chapter” shows that the passion for riding motorcycles is as strong as ever, and this Sunday night the Red Bull Media House film is coming to New Zealand for a special one-night screening across the country. Watch the film‘s teaser here.

“On Any Sunday, The Next Chapter” is an exploration into the pursuit of excitement, passion, and life in the two-wheeled world of motorcycle riding. Experiences that are as relatable to a rider as a day with their friends, others that explore human triumph and overcoming fear, and some which occur once in a lifetime. One moment of riding a motorcycle – On Any Sunday.

Critically acclaimed director Dana Brown (“Step Into Liquid” and “Dust to Glory”) teams up with his father to journey deeper into the brotherhood, humanity, thrills and excitement of the global culture of motorcycle riding; those that are bonded by their passion for the race, the love of the family and friendship, and on a deeper level – their quest for the thrill of the next ride.

Shot in 4K Ultra HD, the action and emotion are breathtaking; phenomenal athletes, revolutionary innovators, Hollywood stars and even visionaries who use moto to save lives. The film features World Champion athletes from a wide array of motorcycle disciplines, including MotoGP Star Marc Marquez, daredevil Travis Pastrana, Robbie Maddison, X Games gold medallist Ashley Fiolek, the first African American to dominate motocross, James Stewart, and other legends of the two-wheeled sport.

A lot has happened in the past 40 years of motorcycling, but the passion for riding is timeless and continues today. Visit onanysundayfilm.com for more information, or purchase tickets to the one-off special New Zealand screening this Sunday, December 7, 2014 from one of the locations below.

NEW ZEALAND SCREENING LOCATIONS

Event Cinemas WhangareiRialto Cinemas, Tauranga
Event Cinemas AlbanyDowntown Cinemas Palmerston North
Academy AucklandThe Roxy Cinemas Wellington
The Bridgeway, AucklandEvent Cinemas New Plymouth
Monterey Cinemas, AucklandRialto Cinemas, Dunedin
Event Cinemas Chartwell, HamiltonRuby’s Wanaka
On Any Sunday_The Next Chapter_Film Stills_Marc Marquez_Action.jpg
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: “on Any Sunday-the Next Chapter” Premieres This Weekend

Postby Rik on Thu 4/Dec/14 9:08am

I couldn't resist posting this - I love a good doco and very few are made for the big screen. This looks like a must see.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby ryda on Thu 4/Dec/14 9:46am

I has the orginal on DVD :thumbsup:
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Conners on Thu 4/Dec/14 5:17pm

Both Dana Brown's Dust to Glory and Step into liquid are amazing films. I've lost count of the number of times I've watched Dust to Glory - it's totally epic (I know that word is getting overdone at the moment, but that film really is)

Will have to see this.
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Colin on Thu 4/Dec/14 9:42pm

Saw that was on

Might have to make my way to the Roxy on Sunday.
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby ryda on Fri 5/Dec/14 10:30am

Colin wrote:Saw that was on

3pm stupid time IMHO, guess I will be waiting for it to arrive online or DVD :crazy:
ryda
"WTF"

Postby Conners on Fri 5/Dec/14 1:52pm

ryda wrote:

3pm stupid time IMHO, guess I will be waiting for it to arrive online or DVD :crazy:

It's as gooder time as any of the other 48 hours of a weekend in my book :thumbsup:
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Rik on Fri 5/Dec/14 2:27pm

I'd wager that the 'matinee' has been around for a lot longer than anyone here has been around.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby ryda on Fri 5/Dec/14 3:11pm

Conners wrote:
ryda wrote:

It's as gooder time as any of the other 48 hours of a weekend in my book :thumbsup:
is it not slighty Ironic to put a movie on (and its only screening) in the of middle of the day that thing that is about happens....hell the title even gives that away :paranoid:
ryda
"WTF"

Postby Slapheid on Fri 5/Dec/14 3:51pm

Melissa_Theuriau wrote:NEW ZEALAND SCREENING LOCATIONS

Christchurch screening times not loading for me....... :(

Still remember seeing the first movie with my Dad at the Cinema in Mosgiel.Was hoping to take my kids to see the latest one.
Slapheid
"Good things come to those who gate."
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Postby Conners on Fri 5/Dec/14 4:04pm

ryda wrote:
Conners wrote:
ryda wrote:

is it not slighty Ironic to put a movie on (and its only screening) in the of middle of the day that thing that is about happens....hell the title even gives that away :paranoid:

I dare say you should call the theatre and kindly request that they swap out a probably low turnout premiere from a matinee session to a prime time evening slot - I'm sure they will be more than happy to take a hit on their bottom line for your benefit.

It also makes total sense to do it at the same time as the time that activity normally happens - your body clock will be expecting to see motocross at that time.
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby ryda on Fri 5/Dec/14 4:43pm

[sarcasm]
Conners wrote:I dare say you should call the theatre and kindly request that they swap out a probably low turnout premiere from a matinee session to a prime time evening slot - I'm sure they will be more than happy to take a hit on their bottom line for your benefit.

It also makes total sense to do it at the same time as the time that activity normally happens - your body clock will be expecting to see motocross at that time.
[/sarcasm]... yeah why not
ryda
"WTF"

Postby slowMTB on Sat 6/Dec/14 6:15pm

Slapheid wrote:
Melissa_Theuriau wrote:NEW ZEALAND SCREENING LOCATIONS

Christchurch screening times not loading for me....... :(

Still remember seeing the first movie with my Dad at the Cinema in Mosgiel.Was hoping to take my kids to see the latest one.

So no Chur Chur screening???
slowMTB
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby Conners on Mon 8/Dec/14 8:07am

Anyone make it to the premiere - how was it?

I ended up being at another theatre with our three year old watching Planes Fire & Rescue instead :D

Will have to check and see when it becomes available for download :thumbsup:
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Colin on Mon 8/Dec/14 8:24am

I enjoyed it, even if it was a little bit too American

All the 'best in the world' doing what we all do enjoying a motasickle examples were aged americans
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Motorcycles | Motoring | News | Sifting - Latest Posts