Which party gets your vote?

National
28
24%
Labour
7
6%
Greens
55
47%
New Zealand First
4
3%
Maori
1
1%
Internet-Mana
2
2%
United Future
2
2%
ACT
1
1%
Conservative
5
4%
Civilian
3
3%
Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party
3
3%
None, I abandoned NZ in the mistaken hope that things would be better in Australia
5
4%
Other
2
2%
 
Total voters : 118

Re: Election 2014

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 25/Nov/14 9:06pm

chuckie34 wrote:Wouldn't it be a boring world if we were all exactly the same with the same viewpoints etc.


I wouldn't mind if it was boring if people actually put a bit of effort in to forming their ideas and didn't swallow every half arsed piece of spin that was convenient to justifying their preconceived opinions. Also, no need to sulk. The last two sentences were the only part of your post that didn't make me gag. :thumbsup:
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby Oli on Tue 25/Nov/14 9:11pm

:withstupid:
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby philstar on Tue 25/Nov/14 9:41pm

chuckie34 wrote: What gets to me about immigrants, if you're going to move here, be able to speak english.

ki te e haere ana koe ki te neke mai ki konei lurn ki te korero i te reo :p
(thanks Google translate for helping me with my hypocrisy)

chuckie34 wrote:
Be willing to adapt to the nz way of life.


I was discussing this with a friend that used to work for citizenship, we decided on the the exam there should be a question

"not many, _________" fill in the the blank
philstar
User avatar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby happybaboon on Tue 25/Nov/14 9:46pm

Oli wrote:
chuckie34 wrote:hmmmm, so been watching this thing for a while now gotta wonder about it all. The new labour leader couldn't throw his hat in the leadership race until after the special votes were counted so he could get in as a list mp, then gets a minute margin to lead? He doesnt have the support of his own constituency, or the majority of his sitting mp's? There is no real leader within labours ranks at the moment, if there is they have yet to stand up and lead. He does not in any way inspire confidence in me.

The whole story over dirty politics, the author hacked/stole emails to write a book for financial gain? I thought stealing for financial gain was illegal here? The whole book and kdc, were such a smoke screen the whole election campaign, no one actually had a chance to see what the party's were actually offering. The one thing the whole of nz did, was tell kdc to eff off. No matter what the nats said, the greens and labour were against it. Never actually saw or heard what they weren't against.

Whether or not I like jk doesn't factor in, but compared to the rest of the world, nz has not fared too badly from the whole financial crisis. Just go have a look at spain to see how it could have been.

Then the whole spying thing. You know, if them 'spying' on everyone manages to prevent some radical from going apeshit with whatever weapon here in our country, then I'm all for it. Do we really have anything to hide? Don't want to get in trouble, don't break the law.

Then old winston and his immigration thing. I'm an immigrant to this fine country, naturalized citizen now too. What gets to me about immigrants, if you're going to move here, be able to speak english. Be willing to adapt to the nz way of life. If you're going to come here, live in your 'communties of whatever nation' and then try and tell us that we discriminate against you and/or whatever you believe in, then I would think you should bugger off back to where you came from. NZ is an awesome country with some fantastic people. I am thankful on a regular basis that I live here. :thumbsup:


I couldn't agree with you less. You've just regurgitated every uninformed, stupid and facile rebuttal of what the actual facts are, in utter ignorance of the truth. Everything you said is the sort of stupid shit that re-elected this corrupt and venal government that are being proved on a daily basis to have lied about every point that got them back in power. If you are still defending their appalling behaviour you should be ashamed of yourself.

I couldn't agree with Oli more. :thumbsup:

To address a couple of points directly...
1) The GFC started BEFORE jonkey took power. That NZ weathered the storm well is due to sound management by Cullen beforehand and luck (NZ makes lots of milk). All National did was sell some profitable assets because their dogma said they should and increase GST after jonkey said he wouldn't.
2) Am I the only person who isn't constantly surrounded by non-English speakers? I can't recall ever having come across a person who does not speak adequate English in NZ or Straya (aside from tourists, obviously). Maybe I have met such a person... but even if I have, it obviously just wasn't that big of a deal because I don't remember it.

I'd like to see Andrew Little come out and politely request that jonkey apologise to Goff. It'd be a classy move for the new leader to back his predecessor like that. Particularly as Goff's kind of his employee now, and Andrew Little should obviously be looking out for his employees :huh: Also yous guys should give Little a chance. I've been quite impressed by him so far.
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 9 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby happybaboon on Tue 25/Nov/14 10:09pm

happybaboon wrote:I'd like to see Andrew Little come out and politely request that jonkey apologise to Goff.

...Which he has basically done. Quite well.
http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player/20158520
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 9 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby happybaboon on Tue 25/Nov/14 11:11pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11364204
Even John Armstrong took a break from fellating jonkey to instead slate jonkey.
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 9 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 26/Nov/14 7:45am

heartily agree with Oli above...

as for
chuckie34 wrote:Whether or not I like jk doesn't factor in, but compared to the rest of the world, nz has not fared too badly from the whole financial crisis. Just go have a look at spain to see how it could have been.

The fact that we weathered the GFC storm has basically nothing to do with JK or National, and waaay more to do with the way Labour had left the books when this imbecilic NZ public had 'had enough' of Helen Clark... books which JK and Nazional have now whittled down to nothing and then some since.

Fuck John Key, and Fuck his corrupt government up the arse!
swtchbckr
User avatar
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby CrustyMTB on Wed 26/Nov/14 8:01am

swtchbckr wrote:heartily agree with Oli above...

as for
chuckie34 wrote:Whether or not I like jk doesn't factor in, but compared to the rest of the world, nz has not fared too badly from the whole financial crisis. Just go have a look at spain to see how it could have been.

The fact that we weathered the GFC storm has basically nothing to do with JK or National, and waaay more to do with the way Labour had left the books when this imbecilic NZ public had 'had enough' of Helen Clark... books which JK and Nazional have now whittled down to nothing and then some since.

Fuck John Key, and Fuck his corrupt government up the arse!
The P.I.G.S. problem come from 1) aging populations, 2) cultures where tax avoidance is widely accepted as normal, 3) expensive inefficient public services, 4) the inability to control their foreign exchange issues due to being in the euro, and 5) truly massive levels of public debt.

We don't have 1) but we will and Jonkey is rearranging deckchairs to prepare for it. We don't have 2), 3), or 4).

You may as well compare us to China and say that if we suspend democracy, human rights and due process well get double digit growth. And what Jonkey and his merry band of blogsters are doing is the sort of shit that leads to partisan style fuckmuppetry that we see in the mighty usa. Things are going so well for them right now eh?
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby RugbySucks on Wed 26/Nov/14 8:49am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
RugbySucks wrote:I don't think the people who struggle to put food on the table, seriously give a shit about "who said what". Do you get that ?


Do you actually understand what has happened? Or is it just that someone is saying something about nice Mr Key and his National party that has you all riled up? Uninformed cretins like you are the reason we have such poor governance in this country. :rolleyes:


Calling me an uninformed cretin. Good one. Another warrior behind the safety of his keyboard....

The Politicians, no matter what party, will always do things unpalatable. It's the same for every country unfortunately.
RugbySucks
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Wed 26/Nov/14 9:03am

RugbySucks wrote:
Calling me an uninformed cretin. Good one.


I thought so too. :)
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby Oli on Wed 26/Nov/14 9:09am

RugbySucks wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
RugbySucks wrote:I don't think the people who struggle to put food on the table, seriously give a shit about "who said what". Do you get that ?


Do you actually understand what has happened? Or is it just that someone is saying something about nice Mr Key and his National party that has you all riled up? Uninformed cretins like you are the reason we have such poor governance in this country. :rolleyes:


Calling me an uninformed cretin. Good one. Another warrior behind the safety of his keyboard....

The Politicians, no matter what party, will always do things unpalatable. It's the same for every country unfortunately.


But if they're found out we need to do something about it, or we just let things slide into far worse corruption. "They all do it" is no defence for this behaviour at all, no matter which party it's coming from.
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby Fraser on Wed 26/Nov/14 9:16am

Tony Benn saw things pretty straight. The power of the media, which "like the power of the medieval Church, ensures that events of the day are always presented from the point of the view of those who enjoy economic privilege

The he also pointed out 5 easy things you should ask yourself and anyone if you want to get into politics.
-what power do you have?
-where did you get it?
-in whose interests do you exercise it?
-to whom are you accountable?
-how can we get rid of you?
Fraser
User avatar
Member for: 18 years 10 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby CrustyMTB on Wed 26/Nov/14 10:01am

Oli wrote:
RugbySucks wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
RugbySucks wrote:I don't think the people who struggle to put food on the table, seriously give a shit about "who said what". Do you get that ?


Do you actually understand what has happened? Or is it just that someone is saying something about nice Mr Key and his National party that has you all riled up? Uninformed cretins like you are the reason we have such poor governance in this country. :rolleyes:


Calling me an uninformed cretin. Good one. Another warrior behind the safety of his keyboard....

The Politicians, no matter what party, will always do things unpalatable. It's the same for every country unfortunately.


But if they're found out we need to do something about it, or we just let things slide into far worse corruption. "They all do it" is no defence for this behaviour at all, no matter which party it's coming from.
Nor is arguing that the findings of an independent inquiry are "arguable", which is what Jonkey is doing, what he's really saying is "I don't give a fuck about the process, I think I'm right and justified in the way I/my office acted (and will continue to it)". And to spell it out for those who think this isn't important this included: members of the PM's office staff (people he is directly responsible for*) using burner cellphones and private email addresses to communicate with Slater/Odgers etc, so the comunications weren't traceable. If they were doing nothing wrong why go to those lengths to cover their tracks?

* This is a huge issue, my main beef with Jonkey Pong and the Nats is the damage they've done to the convention of responsible government. The convention of responsible government means that if a minister does anything they are responsible to Parliament, not the PM, not their party, but parliament. Shonkey's erosion of this by his "oh noes when I let whaleoil buttfuck me in return for national security secrets, I was acting as a caring and sensitive lover, not PM" routine, damages this. The "Oh noes it's not the ministers fault its the nasty public servant, Joe Bloggs of 69 Urfecked Tce, Lower Butt (here's his phone number, the address of his kids school and pics of his wife)" routine damages this. The lack of accountability means all we're left with is "trust me, I have a nice smile and mangled diction, which appeals to the suckers who voted for me electorate". You may not care, but YOU SHOULD!

You say all politicians lie, I disagree with this, there are good MP's on both sides, but even if it was true, because of ministerial accountability, there's always been a clear line between when a minister is acting as in their capacity as a crown official, and when they're acting as a member of their political party. And if they lie or equivocate as a minister THEY ANSWER TO PARLIAMENT. It started under Helen Clarke (I hate to say) but the erosion of ministerial responsibility has accelerated under Jonkey punch, and it needs to be reversed.
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Wed 26/Nov/14 11:07am

:thumbsup:

261114NZHtoon1.gif
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby philstar on Wed 26/Nov/14 11:54am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote::thumbsup:

261114NZHtoon1.gif


lol :)
philstar
User avatar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

National Politics | Paddling | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

77 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 76 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles