ACT
1%
Conservative
4%
Civilian
3%
Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party
3%
None, I abandoned NZ in the mistaken hope that things would be better in Australia
4%
Other
2%

Total voters : 118

Re: Election 2014

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 14/Aug/14 11:30am

No, I was referring to the Conservative party.

colin_craig__53a64cd6f1.jpg
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 14/Aug/14 11:31am

Smart.

If you hit children when they're young enough they can't do ANYTHING about it.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 14/Aug/14 11:33am

The moon landing hoax has gone on for far too long. :angry:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 14/Aug/14 11:37am

Stop the chemtrails.
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Slim on Thu 14/Aug/14 12:32pm

ButtersNZ wrote:I'd like to see more support for small businesses to get off the ground.

Actually that is the last thing we need. What we really need from a business sense is to turn some of the existing successful small business into medium and large business to give the economy some scale and productivity and to drive some cost out of living expenses. NZ has too many small businesses that employ one or two people who are often the owners that are content with a nice car and a bach in the sounds while writing off everything as an expense and paying little tax.
Slim
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 14/Aug/14 12:36pm

Yeah it'd be much better to see more medium sized enterprises, comprised of a number of people with ownership stakes and then a small number of well-paid employees.
happybaboon

Postby CrustyMTB on Thu 14/Aug/14 1:07pm

Slim wrote: NZ has too many small businesses that employ one or two people who are often the owners that are content with a nice car and a bach in the sounds while writing off everything as an expense and paying little tax.
Present company excepted, of course... :paranoid:

I've voting for a party whose policies are worst for me and mine personally (reasonably wealthy, urban, property owning professional, white, well educated) but best for the country.
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby dbr18210 on Thu 14/Aug/14 1:28pm

scatter wrote:I'd kinda like to see a Green-led government tempered by a coalition with the Nats. I reckon it could work (but realise that it's not likely to happen)

:withstupid:
dbr18210
"I'm not crazy...My mother had me tested."
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby ButtersNZ on Thu 14/Aug/14 2:31pm

Slim wrote:
ButtersNZ wrote:I'd like to see more support for small businesses to get off the ground.

Actually that is the last thing we need. What we really need from a business sense is to turn some of the existing successful small business into medium and large business to give the economy some scale and productivity and to drive some cost out of living expenses. NZ has too many small businesses that employ one or two people who are often the owners that are content with a nice car and a bach in the sounds while writing off everything as an expense and paying little tax.

I'm not sure how our ideas are different. I'd like to see growth of small businesses, and a lot of successful businesses start off small. What do you think would incentivize happily stagnating small business owners to increase in size, hire more people etc?
ButtersNZ
Member for: 5 years 10 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Thu 14/Aug/14 2:39pm

I'd like to see candidates who can articulate issues clearly and say where they stand.

Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby happybaboon on Thu 14/Aug/14 2:41pm

Simonius_Titius wrote:I'd like to see candidates who can articulate issues clearly and say where they stand.

:lol:
Broadcast on her own channel even?!
happybaboon

Postby thorg on Thu 14/Aug/14 3:42pm

Fuck off. Big business is the root of all evil. The sooner we get away from extraction and manufacturing, and back to renewables and organics the better.

Slim wrote:

thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 14/Aug/14 3:44pm

Surely now the focus for this election shouldn't be "what sort of direction should our economy go in?" - that's already set for the next ~decade or more.... MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK TOURISM lumber meat wool.

The focus needs to be on cleaning up the stinking mess on the top floor of the beehive. By voting for the Green Party.
happybaboon

Postby Wobbler on Thu 14/Aug/14 3:49pm

nuke it from orbit
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Thu 14/Aug/14 3:50pm

Wobbler wrote:nuke it from orbit

It's the only way to be sure.
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 15 years 5 months

National Politics | Paddling | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts