Tell Us About Your Sufferfest Experiences

Postby nagem on Sat 12/Apr/14 5:31pm

I've just downloaded the Blender and am yet to give it a crack on the trainer. I wasn't really sure what I was looking for and there didn't seem to be one video that might cover all the bases. There's probably a very valid reason for that. Like selling more videos. Anyway, if you could you review your Sufferfest experience below so we can get an awesome rundown of what to expect from each vid... that would be awesome.
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Tell Us About Your Sufferfest Experiences

Postby EoinC on Sat 12/Apr/14 7:18pm

nagem wrote:I've just downloaded the Blender and am yet to give it a crack on the trainer. I wasn't really sure what I was looking for and there didn't seem to be one video that might cover all the bases. There's probably a very valid reason for that. Like selling more videos. Anyway, if you could you review your Sufferfest experience below so we can get an awesome rundown of what to expect from each vid... that would be awesome.

Each of them has a different focus in terms of intervals etc. I've got a bunch of them, but haven't made my way through all yet. Try the one that you have and see what else you need to add. They do help make rollers less unenjoyable...
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Postby NickCW on Mon 14/Apr/14 12:27pm

I've got Blender and Revolver. Blender is great but runs for a couple of hours.
Revolver is something like 45min and it's pretty ugly, even though it's half the length I'm way more destroyed.

One thing to note is the music is abysmal for both and would recommend muting right away! Pandora works wonders I reckon
NickCW
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby scatter on Mon 14/Apr/14 1:22pm

I bought A Very Dark Place because it fit almost exactly with a session that my coach had prescribed for me.

It puts me in A Very Dark Place :D Haven't puked yet though :D
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby nagem on Thu 1/May/14 4:30pm

I did the Downward Spiral last night. It was awesome fun/suffering. It's possible that I am not pushing myself hard enough. :D

Good things to happen are that I find I am not hanging my head in despair when I head for the trainer now. Got the fan setup and sweatband rotation going really well now.
Last edited by nagem on Thu 1/May/14 8:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby EoinC on Thu 1/May/14 4:59pm

That's the best thing about them - They peel away at least one onion-skin layer of brain numbingnessosity form the indoor torturefest.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Postby jimmymic on Fri 2/May/14 4:29pm

If you want to make your sufferfest even better, combine it with trainerroad.com if your trainer is compatible or you have a powermeter on your trainer.

It just rounds out the whole experience.

If you want to know about a specific video then ask away, I have most of them after doing last year's tour of sufferlandia ;-)
jimmymic
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Road Cycling | Sifting | Track Cycling - Latest Posts