Re: Runners... Where Did You Run Today?

Postby nzmatto on Wed 30/Apr/14 9:25pm

I cant believe just short of 3 weeks ago I ran a marathon, today I struggled to do 2km on the treadmill. Oh well...it's time I got back on my bike anyway.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby slidecontrol on Thu 1/May/14 10:17pm

tempo run tonight, time to see if theres enough pace for a lash at huntly half...
http://app.strava.com/activities/136074836
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby UK_Exile on Fri 2/May/14 12:17pm

nzmatto wrote:I cant believe just short of 3 weeks ago I ran a marathon, today I struggled to do 2km on the treadmill. Oh well...it's time I got back on my bike anyway.

I'd struggled to do 200m on a treadmill or windtrainer, regardless how fit I'm feeling. So boring. Did a shoe fit once at Shoe Clinic & they laughed when I struggled to stay on treadmill then said I ran 'funny'. Not surprising considering was first time on one of the contraptions ! Luckily the prescribed shoes were good
001.JPG
UK_Exile
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby CrashTestDummy on Fri 2/May/14 9:56pm

:withstupid: love the cartoon!!
CrashTestDummy
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Barbsarama on Sun 4/May/14 2:56pm

Tis a good one, I like the one "lets all take a time to think about all the people stuck in traffic on their way to the gym to ride stationery bikes" too :lol:

Man, I had a bit of a shocker today, I did a 45 min circuit session this morning and planned on a short easy run this afternoon around lunch time, but hubby need me to go and pick up the car from all the way over the other side of town (8 odd km) and I was delayed in leaving by about an hour so ran out of fuel and had to walk the last two Kms :( boooooo
Barbsarama
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Barbsarama on Sun 4/May/14 2:57pm

Here tis
image.jpg
Barbsarama

Postby Malcy on Sun 4/May/14 5:20pm

I bumped off Crazyman today! Woo hoo!! I set myself a goal (not knowing much) of 3 hours for the cycle, as I figured if it was tough enough it'd be avg 10kph over 30kms, and a goal of 2 hours for the run, again, running blind into it I figured I'd be really slow for the 13km.

Well well well... 2:20 (according to my watch) for the bike, and 1:45 (again, according to my watch) for the run. And a little faster on each if you go by Strava's "Moving Time".

Bike ==> http://www.strava.com/activities/137129922
Run ==> http://www.strava.com/activities/137129903

The ride was SLOPPY! I found myself in a good bunch for the riverside ride, then into the first climb I was feeling quite comfortable. As we got higher though, I realised that my Kenda Slant Six was a woeful tyre for this event (Kenda surprise! No more gripsies for you) and was pretty soon having to push up the clay bits. I have to be honest too; the downhills were scary with very little control to be had. Next time I’ll have the Ground Control tyre front and back. And by scary I mean it was fun fun fun! Though I am glad I had lots of mud stains on my shorts by then. Nobody noticed a thing…

At times visibility was about as far as your handlebars, so that made for fun at some junctions where it was so murky that you couldn't see the next marker, and without someone to follow you could easily have ended up in someone's back yard. Speaking of backyards, some dude up there has a garage next to his house marked "EXPLOSIVES" and they have a super scary barky set of dogs!

Got to the run, Kaye and CJ were there to do the transition thing for me. I took my time, then got into the run. The run was pretty mean in places, and the dry shoes and socks that CJ handed me at the transition stayed dry for about 100m. Ha! I am pretty pleased with my run though, I did a bunch of walking up the steeper stuff, but that's ok. AND the run was in my "happy place" and used a bit of track I discovered by chance a while back that really made my day. So that was lovely. The hidden downhill was steep and sloppy, and that mean twist to head up to just behind Baked Beans Bastard (I guess renamed cos Baked Bean Bend is dead) was really crippling as far climbs go.

It was relatively stress free though, just hard work. The meanest twist was running along the beach for that last km.
All in all a great event! I am stoked with how I did too!

Choice.
Malcy
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby Malcy on Sun 4/May/14 5:22pm

nzmatto wrote:I cant believe just short of 3 weeks ago I ran a marathon, today I struggled to do 2km on the treadmill. Oh well...it's time I got back on my bike anyway.

Ugh, zigactly the way I felt a few weeks after Kepler too. It bites huh?
Malcy

Postby Barbsarama on Sun 4/May/14 5:32pm

Wow, awesome crack Malcy! That sounds fantastic effort!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Barbsarama

Postby Malcy on Sun 4/May/14 5:47pm

Cheers Barbs!
Malcy