Re: Runners... Where Did You Run Today?

Postby slidecontrol on Sun 29/Dec/13 6:09pm

the climb out of jones though 11-12 is a fairly tough run of stairs and switchbacks, might have been able to go faster but we were running as a group. faster might not be a good idea though as I was still buggered by the end.

my stats are a little different to yours, do you go stairclimbing all day? I'm almost at 1000km for the year but only 12000m vertical. your 19000k over 700km is nuts
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Tugboat on Sun 29/Dec/13 8:54pm

I'm at 597km and 14,553m.... sounds like you're not doing enough hill work slidey!! :p
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby slidecontrol on Sun 29/Dec/13 9:05pm

we don't have hills in hamilton :paranoid:
slidecontrol

Postby Barbsarama on Sun 29/Dec/13 9:19pm

13k today, incl up the tip track and up the spider track.

My littlest two toes go numb and on the right foot get a stabbing pain, any suggestions for what / how to stretch or is it my shoes :eh:

It's freaking annoying :angry:

Edit, I should add that it really only happens on steep up and down hills (such as the tip track), and my shoes fit me fine and are wide enough :) no probs on flat or gentle hills
Barbsarama
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Barbsarama on Sun 29/Dec/13 9:31pm

Oh, this is quite useful, maybe I've been tying my shoes too tight... http://mamasweeds.com/2013/04/21/how-to ... e-running/
Barbsarama

Postby Malcy on Sun 29/Dec/13 11:10pm

Slidey, Kepler alone was something like 2300 all up. And I regularly do Mt Vic, Polhill, Wrights Hill, and Makara, and Skyline Track too. All of which probably qualify as mountains in England and Australia! Ha ha ha!

Barbs, try having a look at how you lace your shoes. It almost sounds like they fit, but you're getting a little too much movement at steeper angles. I think a little freedom is good, but from what I have read lacing is just as important as fit.

I looked it up as was losing nails after running on long descent days.

Hope that helps?
Malcy
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby Malcy on Sun 29/Dec/13 11:12pm

Ps, at 19,984, I will get the 20,000th tomorrow within about 400m from home. :-)

Woot!
Malcy

Postby Barbsarama on Mon 30/Dec/13 12:45pm

Malcy wrote:Barbs, try having a look at how you lace your shoes. It almost sounds like they fit, but you're getting a little too much movement at steeper angles. I think a little freedom is good, but from what I have read lacing is just as important as fit.

I looked it up as was losing nails after running on long descent days.

Hope that helps?

Yeh thanks. Will have a play and see if it changes anything. I did stop and relace my shoes during the run yesterday but still couldn't get it right. The other thing is that my second smallest toe hurts (but to a lesser degree) today just walking around, it's a pain under the toe, feels like where the ligament attaches? I am thinking I must need to stretch but not sure how / what....
Barbsarama

Postby Malcy on Mon 30/Dec/13 4:58pm

Hubby + foot massages?
Malcy

Postby Barbsarama on Mon 30/Dec/13 8:19pm

:lol: tui ad
Barbsarama

Postby danose on Mon 30/Dec/13 8:21pm

ran Mt Richardson today - the main richardson track is pretty stuffed, heaps of trees downed in the two big winter storms, and whilst they've done a good job of clearing the track, the loss of tree cover has massively accelerated erosion, so track is now really blown out and rocky. Upside was the traverse across the tops via Blowhard was good (just a few mudholes) and the rain held off until I'd just turned off to come down the Bypass track (which was n awesome nick - a really fun descent)

next up Mt Oxford (snoop the course for the Odyssey)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Barbsarama on Mon 30/Dec/13 8:35pm

Dammit, I think it might be this http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/mort ... c-overview

Not really a cure that I can find (am pretty sure it's from having flat feet)... Suggestions?
Barbsarama

Postby Malcy on Mon 30/Dec/13 10:11pm

I bet I can trump your flatness of feet. I have no arches at all really.

And I have always wondered about it's impart. I don't have the true spring in my step, so find that getting that toe type running very hard work. I am a heel toe guy. I am sure it could be coached out of me, but damn it's hard. Have always envied people with high, though not extreme, arches.

Anyway, so this is how flat my feet are, so it's not likely to be just the flat feet causing issue?
unnamed.jpg
Still munted after the Kepler
Malcy

Postby slidecontrol on Mon 30/Dec/13 10:13pm

Malcy wrote:I am a heel toe guy. I am sure it could be coached out of me, but damn it's hard.

it can be done, I've been working at it for 4 years odd now and still have a way to go
slidecontrol

Postby Malcy on Mon 30/Dec/13 10:14pm

Website you linked use to wrote:Try massaging your foot to relax the muscles around the nerve.

OY! HUBBY!!! Look after Barbs!!
Malcy

Running | Sifting | Track Running - Latest Posts