Auckland Riders Have You're Say

Postby Crashed on Sat 2/Feb/13 10:44pm

Its time to have your say about cycling in Auckland no matter what type of riding you do road, mtb, bmx ,track, if you could spend a few moments on this survey http://caa.org.nz/government/auckland-c ... ut-needed/ it will help Auckland Council, Bike NZ, the cycling codes within the Auckland region, the Regional Sports Trust Alliance and Auckland Transport, and will be used to identify demand and to guide future facility developments.
So now is the time to have your say before Feb 15th Go for it guys no time to waste
Last edited by Crashed on Sat 2/Feb/13 11:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crashed
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Auckland Riders Have You Say

Postby Crashed on Sat 2/Feb/13 10:49pm

oooops posted to many times could one of the mods fix my stuff up ,thanks
Crashed

Postby kona.stinky. on Sat 2/Feb/13 10:57pm

It would appear the link is broken (404'd)...
kona.stinky.
"Si"
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby Crashed on Sat 2/Feb/13 11:28pm

Thanks ks, try again it fixed it,I think
Crashed

Postby foremannz on Sat 2/Feb/13 11:34pm

Done. Also found something about the Avondale to Waterview segment - its a Gauntlet, as someone said, and I intentionally avoid it!
foremannz
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby northernmonkey on Sat 2/Feb/13 11:51pm

done, be ineresting to see if anything comes of it. Hopefully the result will be an epic scenic drive to Piha trail network, (for purely selfish - access the trails from my house reasons :D )
northernmonkey
"The North will Rise Again"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Crashed on Mon 4/Feb/13 8:22am

The more input they get from us the more chance we have of getting what we need/want no matter how or what we ride
Thanks for taking time to do the survey guys :)
Crashed

Postby laworder on Mon 4/Feb/13 1:56pm

Done, have pointed out the incomplete cycle lanes on many of the main roads up here. The cycle lanes where they exist are great but incomplete and often made dangerous by vehicles parked on the side of main arterial roads. Dominion Road is a case in point, two lanes, when it could be four and with cycle lanes as well (like Greenlane Road West heading from Cornwall Park to Manukau Road) making traffic flow better for both cars and bikes

Didnt comment on the mountain bike or BMX parts of it as MTB/ BMX tracks are extremely challenging on a commuter bike :D
laworder
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Postby Crashed on Mon 4/Feb/13 8:44pm

I also pointed out all the missing / incomplete cycle lanes on the north shore ,if they put a few short lanes in we would have one lane from east coast bays to Devonport via Albany and Glenfield ,this lane would pass through the large employment areas of the shore Albany,Glenfield and Takapuna .Other people I have talked to also said that incomplete lanes are the things that bugs them the most, I think that the power that be will see a common problem which we deal with every day .......an incomplete cycle network (and some of the gaps are only a few hundred meters long ,cost next to nothing to join up )
Crashed

Postby Crashed on Mon 4/Feb/13 8:44pm

I also pointed out all the missing / incomplete cycle lanes on the north shore ,if they put a few short lanes in we would have one lane from east coast bays to Devonport via Albany and Glenfield ,this lane would pass through the large employment areas of the shore Albany,Glenfield and Takapuna .Other people I have talked to also said that incomplete lanes are the things that bugs them the most, I think that the power that be will see a common problem which we deal with every day .......an incomplete cycle network (and some of the gaps are only a few hundred meters long ,cost next to nothing to join up )
Crashed

Postby edoubled on Tue 5/Feb/13 10:58pm

done :thumbsup:
edoubled
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby trancemaster on Fri 8/Feb/13 7:42pm

done. *** MtB access into Regional Parks
trancemaster
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Fri 8/Feb/13 9:31pm

Thanks for posting this :thumbsup:
Done :)
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Auckland | Auckland Region | Cycling | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island - Latest Posts