For The Irishman Riding The Fatty... Thanks

Postby Vaughan308 on Tue 8/Jan/13 1:25pm

i was recently in Wellington and spent some time up the hills getting blown around, after becoming sick of it i headed up to Mt Vic to check out some tracks where we stumbled across a man riding his fatty who directed us to Transient which was excellent.

so to the Irishman who wants to chase antilope thank you very much for the freindly chat and the local advise. and to those that havent ridden Transient i recommended it (Aro Street) and look forward to my next visit up your way.

- loving summer - hating Qr's and front fork flex -
Vaughan308
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Re: For The Irishman Riding The Fatty... Thanks

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Tue 8/Jan/13 1:50pm

Yes, transient to tip track and back is a regional treasure.

Always nice to read positive feedback
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby thelongwalk on Wed 9/Jan/13 8:30am

Yep

We have further ideas..... one being why should the track stop at the top of Barking Emu. We've probably got 3 years digging ahead but we would be keen after that to extend the track from BE south round the slope and up to the pinetrees on the road south of the white dome. There would be a few rockbluffs but hopefully some good flow. Great views from there and the top of the hill.
thelongwalk
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Simonk on Wed 9/Jan/13 12:24pm

It's true. Going round to the other side of Hawkins Hill (towards Te Kopahou) gives a totally different view (and invites one to head down to the coast via the gun emplacements).
Simonk
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 9/Jan/13 2:29pm

thelongwalk wrote:Yep

We have further ideas..... one being why should the track stop at the top of Barking Emu. We've probably got 3 years digging ahead but we would be keen after that to extend the track from BE south round the slope and up to the pinetrees on the road south of the white dome. There would be a few rockbluffs but hopefully some good flow. Great views from there and the top of the hill.

Ooh, that sounds ace!
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby gristle on Wed 9/Jan/13 3:39pm

Thread hijack!! Thanks for the nice words Vaughan308.

Not sure a trail up from BE past the golfball will have huge amounts of flow, more subalpine/exposed ruggedness (hopefully) like the southern end of BE.

Name is booked, all we need to do is build the other trails first...
gristle
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts