1" Threadless Cane Creek Zs Integrated - I Want One.

Postby Cruzzer on Sat 26/May/12 11:56am

The headset on my 2001 TCR roady has shat itself so I need a new one.
But I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.
Some other brand would be fine.

CRC has a FSA Orbit ZS-3 Headset, apparently in 1inch, but I'm not sure if it would suit as their description refers to 1.1/8".

Any help/suggestions appreciated.
Cruzzer
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Re: 1" Threadless Cane Creek Zs Integrated - I Want One.

Postby .I. on Sat 26/May/12 12:53pm

My recomendation is take your you old headset into your LBS, if they can't work what you need, they can ring the man at Wideopen and he will more than likely send them the one you require...may cost a bit more than off the web but a lot less hassle and risk....
.I.
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 27/May/12 6:39pm

.I. wrote:My recomendation is take your you old headset into your LBS, if they can't work what you need, they can ring the man at Wideopen and he will more than likely send them the one you require...may cost a bit more than off the web but a lot less hassle and risk....

:withstupid:

#edit

FSA do make a headset that is what you need, but I would have thought it unlikely that you would find one on the likes of CRC, its not a very common headset to require, Wide Open (the NZ FSA Agent) do have what you need on the shelf
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby danose on Sun 27/May/12 7:06pm

pushbikerider wrote:FSA do make a headset that is what you need, but I would have thought it unlikely that you would find one on the likes of CRC, its not a very common headset to require, Wide Open (the NZ FSA Agent) do have what you need on the shelf

also unless it's really gone south all that should be needed is a new bearing set to drop into the existing cups (did that on my 01 corsa yonks ago - at that stage shepperds still had 1" tange bearing sets - I got the last pair in stock)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 27/May/12 7:26pm

danose wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:FSA do make a headset that is what you need, but I would have thought it unlikely that you would find one on the likes of CRC, its not a very common headset to require, Wide Open (the NZ FSA Agent) do have what you need on the shelf

also unless it's really gone south all that should be needed is a new bearing set to drop into the existing cups (did that on my 01 corsa yonks ago - at that stage shepperds still had 1" tange bearing sets - I got the last pair in stock)

and if the OEM item is a Cane creek one, then replacement bearings are available also
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby danose on Mon 28/May/12 2:05pm

pushbikerider wrote:and if the OEM item is a Cane creek one, then replacement bearings are available also

if the bearings are in reasonable nick still he should be able to make out the type markings on them (45/45 or 36/45)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Cruzzer on Mon 28/May/12 7:37pm

Cheers for the feedback, bearings mostly gone, rust everywhere so a new headset required.
Have had a yarn with Dean.
Cruzzer
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Tramping - Latest Posts