Assaulted On The Flying Nun, Christchurch

Postby jordy on Sun 8/Apr/12 10:56pm

I would like help identifying the assailant. I don't want to start a witch hunt, just find this guys name so I can give it to the police. If anyone recognises him and can give me some info that would be greatly appreciated. A PM might be the best bet.

Video: http://youtu.be/gHX33Psbt20?hd=1
Full video (by request): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPLYStAuZt0
Photo of him when he came back to plead for me to delete the video: http://i.imgur.com/CZfJF.jpg
Here's a screen grab of his face http://i.imgur.com/JsOa1.jpg

I started out by me asking him to let me past on the track. He kept saying yes but wouldn't give me a space. He was holding me up pretty badly. Trail etiquette says you pull over to let faster riders by.

I was polite at first, but then got less polite as he refused to stop, but I certainly wasn't asking to be attacked. I never swore or abused him, just basically said he was inconsiderate. I can upload the entire video if anyone doesn't believe me.

At the end of the track I told him he was rude for not letting me past, that set him off. You can see how it unfolded in the video. He tried to strangle me with my helmet while he was trying to steal my camera, and when I started yelling for help he put his hand over my nose and mouth. It was like he'd done it before. I was getting pretty fearful for my life by that stage so I did the only thing I could do without letting go of the camera, bit down on his finger. That got his hand away. After a bit more struggling I managed to get up to the road where I yelled for help, another cyclist came over. The assailant started say I was assaulting him, and the cyclist seemed to be taking his side. I got my stuff and got the fuck outta there.

I rolled down the road and spoke to a couple other guys at the car park, they said I should ring the police, so I got my phone out and that's when the guy showed up again, so that's when I took a photo. He was still after my camera/me to delete the video, but that wasn't gonna happen. He then tried to get the other two guys I was with to turn on me, by saying I assaulted him and showing them his finger. I was just like, if you didn't assault me, what was your finger doing in my mouth.

At some point along the way he'd managed to stop the video from recording, so that's why the video stops part way through. There was probably about three times longer of him attacking me.

So that's the story. If anyone can identify him I would really appreciate any info you might have on him.
Last edited by jordy on Sun 8/Apr/12 11:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
jordy
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Re: Assaulted On The Flying Nun, Christchurch

Postby supernovah on Sun 8/Apr/12 11:04pm

Should have thrown him down the hill ^_^
supernovah
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 8/Apr/12 11:06pm

Looks like a fat faggot who is butthurt he can't ride for shit on his shit bike lol

shoulda smashed the cunzor
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby wuffy on Sun 8/Apr/12 11:08pm

Could you upload the whole video?
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby AgrAde on Sun 8/Apr/12 11:15pm

I watched the video, definitely nothing the guy should have got pissed about. If I was him I'd be pissed at myself for not pulling over at the numerous parts of the track that it's possible to let a rider pass.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby jordy on Sun 8/Apr/12 11:16pm

Encoding/uploading the full video now, I will edit my original post when it's finished.

Edit: Full video link in OP.
jordy

Postby wuffy on Mon 9/Apr/12 12:07am

Says its private?
wuffy

Postby jordy on Mon 9/Apr/12 12:08am

Sorry, iMovie's default I guess. I have no idea what I'm doing on this Mac. Try now.
jordy

Postby wuffy on Mon 9/Apr/12 12:21am

Wow. What an inconsiderate prick. Looked as thought he was trying to prove something by not letting you pass, especially on that corner near the gravel carpark area.
wuffy

Postby jordy on Mon 9/Apr/12 12:23am

Yeah. In hindsight I should've just waited a bit, also probably left a larger gap between us, but I was hoping to get past so I stuck pretty close behind him. About the half way point I just gave up.

That's all immaterial now though, just after his name so I can give it to the police.
jordy

Postby integral on Mon 9/Apr/12 12:34am

Give the guy a break, he is obviously suffering from earthquake induced post traumatic stress syndrome. You pushed him over the edge by tailing him and lecturing him on how you think he should go about his Sunday ride.
integral
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby happybaboon on Mon 9/Apr/12 12:36am

What an a-hole. Hooray for videos though. Good luck finding him.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby happybaboon on Mon 9/Apr/12 12:37am

Also what's with that chump-ass clothing he's got on :lol:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby steak and cheese on Mon 9/Apr/12 12:39am

I thought fat men were meant to be jolly.
steak and cheese
Member for: 5 years 8 months

Postby AgrAde on Mon 9/Apr/12 1:15am

wachtourak wrote:Looks like a fat faggot who is butthurt he can't ride for shit on his shit bike lol

shoulda smashed the cunzor

:lol:
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Cycling - Latest Posts