Recommendations For A Bb For A Dmr Trailstar Ss

Postby j0e90 on Sat 10/Dec/11 7:58pm

Been running some random BB I had in my box of crap, just started finally riding this thing in earnest and the BB is already showing play...

Any recommendations?
j0e90
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Re: Recommendations For A Bb For A Dmr Trailstar Ss

Postby northernmonkey on Sat 10/Dec/11 9:24pm

j0e90 wrote:Been running some random BB I had in my box of crap, just started finally riding this thing in earnest and the BB is already showing play...

Any recommendations?

Any bb should be fine, Mine just had an SKF ISIS jobbie, depends what cranks your running I suppose, BB is more a function of that than the frame, assuming its not got an eccentric for the SS.
northernmonkey
"The North will Rise Again"
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 12/Dec/11 6:56am

What make, model and BB fitting are your cranks?

also make sure that your chain isn't too tight, if the chain is too tight it will load up the hub and BB bearings and cause them to have a very short life span
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby j0e90 on Mon 12/Dec/11 7:37am

Hey, ISIS, middleburn RS7s. Shiny.

Cheers for the tips about chain tension, its magic gear I'd say the tension is 'just so'.
j0e90

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 12/Dec/11 7:44am

j0e90 wrote:Hey, ISIS, middleburn RS7s. Shiny.

Cheers for the tips about chain tension, its magic gear I'd say the tension is 'just so'.

for ISIS avoid the $60 approx 2 bearing BB's, yes the SKF bb's are lovely, if you can track one down, or the better quality models from FSA or Raceface generally go fine as well
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby j0e90 on Mon 12/Dec/11 7:55am

Cheers. Im hoping this BB will last until I get my new wheelset, got an SS DMR revolver rear hub/white ind 16t freewheel, just need to save the pennies so I can get it laced up. I'm guessing with the SS specific hub I will have a different chain line to the current spacer setup.
j0e90

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 12/Dec/11 9:44pm

j0e90 wrote:Cheers. Im hoping this BB will last until I get my new wheelset, got an SS DMR revolver rear hub/white ind 16t freewheel, just need to save the pennies so I can get it laced up. I'm guessing with the SS specific hub I will have a different chain line to the current spacer setup.

not necessarily, a different chain line, I'm in the process of fitting an older revolver rear hub to my blkmrkt, and the chin line isn't any different from the spacer kit on the King hub that was on there
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Cycling | Singlespeed - Latest Posts