Mt Grey Mtb Tracks

Postby DHhucks on Sat 3/Sep/11 10:02am

I'm going to mt Grey tomorrow to do the DH track, just wondering if you can bike the walking tracks as well? :hmmm:
DHhucks
"Baldrick; I think I have a cunning plan...."
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Re: Mt Grey Mtb Tracks

Postby Trail on Sat 3/Sep/11 3:47pm

There is a DH track at Mt Grey?
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby swtchbckr on Sat 3/Sep/11 7:28pm

i think he might mean the one that ends up at "Lake" Janet. some dude put it in there a few years ago, a few jumps and stuff. i've only ever ridden about 20 m up it from the bottom when waiting for mates mucking around the carpark. possibly just comes down from the Lookout tower?
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby DHhucks on Mon 5/Sep/11 1:27pm

Went there on Sunday there are three completed tracks, the one behind the toilet, one on the road heading to the summit and another by the lake. :)
DHhucks

Postby Trail on Mon 5/Sep/11 3:55pm

Are those tracks any good? I did not really think they would get much use and have looked pretty overgrown any time I have been past.
Trail

Postby DHhucks on Mon 5/Sep/11 8:17pm

The one off the road heading to the summit is pretty extreme looking but unridable cos its wood has colapsed. The other two are awesome. The faster you go the harder. In places they are a bit overgrown. Next time i go up ill take hedge clippers :)
DHhucks

Postby Wills27 on Wed 7/Sep/11 9:09pm

Was it possible to ride all of them in one day sorta thing? and are they easy to find?
Wills27
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 7/Sep/11 11:12pm

yes and yes.

considering a loop up the access rd and down the technically unlegal Mt Grey walking track and back to lake janet only takes a couple hours.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"

Postby DHhucks on Thu 8/Sep/11 1:34pm

the only thing is the dh tracks aren't that long but i hope to change that over summer...... :sly: :sneaky: ;)
DHhucks

Postby Trail on Thu 8/Sep/11 2:11pm

DHhucks wrote:the only thing is the dh tracks aren't that long but i hope to change that over summer...... :sly: :sneaky: ;)

There is an old track that used to go from the fire hut up near the top down to Janet. You can still see most of it on google maps....
Trail

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 8/Sep/11 2:25pm

is that the zigzag track, or a more 'direct' dh trail? the zig zag one some friends did a couple weeks ago, and it sounded exactly like last time i did it, ie, heinously overgrown with broom that grabbed your handlebars and scratched your arms the whole way down...
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"

Postby Butch on Thu 8/Sep/11 10:46pm

swtchbckr wrote:is that the zigzag track, or a more 'direct' dh trail? the zig zag one some friends did a couple weeks ago, and it sounded exactly like last time i did it, ie, heinously overgrown with broom that grabbed your handlebars and scratched your arms the whole way down...

The top half is still pretty overgrown, but the lower part is a lot better than it used to be.
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Cycling | Freeriding (MTB) | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts