Dirt Is The New Snow !!!

Postby qmtbc on Fri 22/Jul/11 5:22pm

The Queenstown Mountain bike club has some sweet new T-shirts printed up, Including the very popular "Dirt is the new Snow" design

If you want one you can order them plus some other great designs from our website
http://www.queenstownmtb.co.nz/

only $35, with all proceeds going back into the trails.
261688_352865854979_42462954979_1253077_290825_n (1).jpg
qmtbc
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Re: Dirt Is The New Snow !!!

Postby qmtbc on Sun 24/Jul/11 5:44pm

Dirt is still the new snow, even if the Queenstown trails are currently covered by 4 inches of the white stuff.... chur :thumbsup:
qmtbc

Postby brownbs on Mon 25/Jul/11 6:44am

I wonder if there would be enough demand for something similar on Ruapehu. The chair lift already runs in the summer on the Whakapap side for walkers and sightseers, though I think the Turoa may offer the best riding.

I know in Europe some of the Ski areas are making more money in the summer from MTBers than they do from Skiers in the winter.

Cheers Brian
brownbs
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby wuffy on Mon 25/Jul/11 9:12am

Chuck a lift up Whakarewarewa in Rotorua, you'd make a fortune :thumbsup:
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby Colin on Mon 25/Jul/11 11:47am

brownbs wrote:I wonder if there would be enough demand for something similar on Ruapehu. The chair lift already runs in the summer on the Whakapap side for walkers and sightseers, though I think the Turoa may offer the best riding.

I know in Europe some of the Ski areas are making more money in the summer from MTBers than they do from Skiers in the winter.

Cheers Brian

Being in a national park you would never get approval to go steaming over all the plant life that is protected by snow in winter

When Lord of the Rings was filming on MT Ruapehu, they brought ALL of the second hand carpet available from every second hand dealer/outlet across the whole lower north island to stop the crew tromping all over the plants
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby brownbs on Mon 25/Jul/11 3:36pm

I never thought about that. It would be great though!
brownbs
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby qmtbc on Wed 27/Jul/11 8:18pm

check out the berms on Hammys track at the moment, Opening in 5 weeks! :o
251410_240738649283704_169512189739684_903797_5606735_n.jpg
qmtbc

Postby wuffy on Wed 27/Jul/11 8:21pm

Looks like it'd make a fun snowboard track :D
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Wed 27/Jul/11 10:23pm

Colin wrote:
brownbs wrote:I wonder if there would be enough demand for something similar on Ruapehu. The chair lift already runs in the summer on the Whakapap side for walkers and sightseers, though I think the Turoa may offer the best riding.

Cheers Brian

Being in a national park you would never get approval to go steaming over all the plant life that is protected by snow in winter

When Lord of the Rings was filming on MT Ruapehu, they brought ALL of the second hand carpet available from every second hand dealer/outlet across the whole lower north island to stop the crew tromping all over the plants
Also Ruapehu is made of big sharp boulders, I've wandered up and down most parts of it in summer and the skills required to get down it would be trials rather than DH.
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby qmtbc on Mon 1/Aug/11 1:03pm

looks like we're going to have to make another run of T-shirts, "Dirt is the new Snow" is turning out to be quite the quote in mtb circles around the Country :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :)
qmtbc

Postby qmtbc on Thu 4/Aug/11 9:00pm

been pretty warm down here the last week, & only 1 month till Skyline opens again!
261688_352865854979_42462954979_1253077_290825_n (1).jpg
qmtbc

Postby DHhucks on Sat 3/Sep/11 10:22am

I was in qt in August Vertigo was weird with snow
DHhucks
"Baldrick; I think I have a cunning plan...."
Member for: 6 years 1 month

Postby Amy12 on Wed 12/Oct/11 1:02pm

Haha, cool shirt. And dirt is still definitely the new snow :) That shirt would look great with some of those barefoot shoes! Just my thoughts! :)
Last edited by Amy12 on Tue 8/Nov/11 10:09am, edited 1 time in total.
Amy12
Member for: 6 years 0 months

Postby northernmonkey on Wed 12/Oct/11 9:14pm

I thought dirt was the new Golf... :sly:
northernmonkey
"The North will Rise Again"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

AKDH - Auckland Downhill | Auckland MTB Club | Australia | Bay of Plenty | Canterbury | Christchurch | Clubs | Cycle Touring | Cycling | Lower South Island | Middle North Island | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | National Cycleway | New Zealand | Otago | Queenstown | Regions | Road Cycling | Rotorua | Rotorua MTB Club | Snow | Wellington MTB Club | West Coast | Westport - Latest Posts