Re: Things That Make You Lol

Postby Simonius_Titius on Mon 21/Jul/14 11:31pm

Fraser wrote:Tertiary fail on a level that really emphasises further education failure.

Lovely.
The window is inset, so I reckon the brick cladding is a later addition which required moving the C.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby random psuedonym on Mon 21/Jul/14 11:49pm

Thanks Captain Obvious it's still bad planning.
random psuedonym
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Bigfoot on Tue 22/Jul/14 5:50am

Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby wachtourak on Tue 22/Jul/14 7:18am

wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 17 years 11 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 22/Jul/14 6:41pm

Simonius_Titius wrote:
Fraser wrote:Tertiary fail on a level that really emphasises further education failure.

Lovely.
The window is inset, so I reckon the brick cladding is a later addition which required moving the C.

Surely there was enough space to move the letters a little closer together and a little to the right :blink:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 9 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 22/Jul/14 7:10pm

Or maybe someone actually had a sense of humour?
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 22/Jul/14 7:16pm

It does remind me somewhat of the "planning" degree people took at my dear old Bovine University. They were supposed to be urban planners/council paper pushers of some sort.

At the end of three years none of the people who'd done that course could get jobs. I guess the dole was their plan all along :huh:
happybaboon

Postby dwgknz on Tue 22/Jul/14 7:50pm

David Cunliffe the guy is such a pussy!

Took three days off with his kids, now apologising again for something he doesn't need to.
dwgknz
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 22/Jul/14 7:53pm

No way is he a pussy, on the stuff questions someone asked him if he would rather fight 100 duck sized horses or a horse size duck, he said a horse sized duck! thats fucking madness is what that is
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby foremannz on Tue 22/Jul/14 8:15pm

dwgknz wrote:David Cunliffe the guy is such a pussy!
Took three days off with his kids, now apologising again for something he doesn't need to.

I vote blue, but even this was just overkill - media blowing it all out of proportion for a guy having a holiday with his wife and kids, hell I applaud him for actually still being a family man given his role ...
foremannz
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 22/Jul/14 8:55pm

Wobbler wrote:No way is he a pussy, on the stuff questions someone asked him if he would rather fight 100 duck sized horses or a horse size duck, he said a horse sized duck! thats fucking madness is what that is

:D
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby thelivo on Tue 22/Jul/14 9:00pm

London mayor Boris Johnson did an ask me anything session on twitter.
BsvOxkuCUAEpwlK-1.jpg
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 22/Jul/14 10:10pm

happybaboon wrote:It does remind me somewhat of the "planning" degree people took at my dear old Bovine University. They were supposed to be urban planners/council paper pushers of some sort.

At the end of three years none of the people who'd done that course could get jobs. I guess the dole was their plan all along :huh:

FYI, its a 4 year degree ;) , I'd love to know what graduating year you are talking about that the entire year could not find work in industry? I'm one of a handful from my graduating year that aren't working in Planning, or in a related field
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 18 years 8 months

Postby happybaboon on Wed 23/Jul/14 3:32am

Four years huh. Wow. Are the water coolers in council buildings really that hard to refill?

I don't know with 100% certainty, but I knew a guy doing the degree who told me nobody in his class had a job lined up (in that "industry"). There were a reasonable number of them - 20 to 30.
happybaboon

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 24/Jul/14 7:32pm

happybaboon wrote:2011.
Four years huh. Wow. Are the water coolers in council buildings really that hard to refill?

and you wonder why other people sometimes give you a hard time?
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Food | Sifting - Latest Posts