Trail Work Tomorrow Saturday 9th April, Whare Flat, Dunedin

Postby G on Fri 8/Apr/11 7:13pm

If anyone fancys a stomp around in the mud tomorrow morning I’ll be headed up to assess and/or fix damage. Will start at The Third place and work back, as tools are stashed there. if I get that done I’ll head down into The Green Mile as there were a few dodgey bits in the last week.

I’ll be at the gate by 10am then go till sometime later.

Cheers
G
G
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Re: Trail Work Tomorrow Saturday 9th April, Whare Flat, Dunedin

Postby G on Sat 9/Apr/11 6:42pm

Got loads done today, fluffed all but the first 50m of The Third Place.
Sorted a smoother/faster line around the duck pond gap and the following straight and berm (which was lacking dirt in the belly of the berm)
Took the lumps out of the exit of the berm stunt, so it should be way less dodgey.
Cut sheds loads of branches too which will help things dry out...not that it was that wet up there today.

The pigs were up there too, when i went back up the trail to get my bag from where i had been working 20 minutes earlier...there were big pig prints in the dirt i had uncovered/shifted on to track...

Next session i'll get spraying all the grass and stuff.

Cheers
G
Twisted log ride needs replaced.jpg
I'll use the timber from the Valley of Skinnys to rebuild this
Revised chicken line to right.jpg
Main line is straight and over pond. mods should make chicken line quicker and smoother
Exit of Duck Pond gap before.jpg
Before
Exit of Duck Pond gap after.jpg
Much sweeter
Berm fluffed.jpg
Weeds removed and material added to 'belly' of berm...it should roll much better now
Valley of Skinnys is now toast.jpg
2 weeks ago there was no sign of pigs! Will have to suss out of new trail line through here :(
G

Re: Trail Work This Saturday 16th April, Whare Flat, Dunedin

Postby G on Thu 14/Apr/11 8:09pm

Hey there

I'll be headed up to do some repairs and fluffing of The Green Mile as there's a few wet bits in there and areas that have settled since the trail was dug.

I'll be up there from 10am and working till about 2 or 3pm if you're keen to come help out.

CHeers
G
G

Cycling | Trail Building - Latest Posts