Cotic Roadrat With Midge Bars?

Postby jupiter on Wed 2/Feb/11 6:13am

I'm sure there was a post about this a couple of years ago but I can no longer find it. It was a
very nice build, singlespeed, WTB rims Hope hubs. Can anyone find the pictures of that bike
and re-post them, or could the owner give an update on how he got on with it and any changes he made. Cheers!
jupiter
Member for: 6 years 10 months

Re: Cotic Roadrat With Midge Bars?

Postby dented on Wed 2/Feb/11 7:18am

I think that was Honeymonster, with the Rasta tape on the bars? He started that bike as a Singlespeed, but with 2 casette cogs and 2 chainrings, and an Allen key taped to the frame to make the switch from 'on-road' gearing to 'off-road' gearing. Then later put a 6-speed casette on it with a bar-end shifter out the end of the midge bars. Then later fitted mudguards and panniers for Wellington year-round commuting, but I believe he continued to run the midge bars.
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby jupiter on Wed 2/Feb/11 8:20am

That sounds about right, I remember the rasta bar tape.
jupiter
Member for: 6 years 10 months

Postby dented on Wed 2/Feb/11 8:40am

Havent seen him post here in, like, forever. Perhaps send a PM to thorg if you want to get in touch with him, Im pretty sure Thorg stays in touch with him.
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Cycling | Singlespeed - Latest Posts