Triple Clamps On A Umf

Postby UMFfreddyrider on Sun 30/Jan/11 2:08pm

Hey i just got myslf a new UMF Freddy 2 2009 (improved version) and was wondering if it would be a good idea to put triple clamp forks on it
SAM_0207.JPG
The Bike
UMFfreddyrider
Member for: 6 years 10 months

Re: Triple Clamps On A Umf

Postby wuffy on Sun 30/Jan/11 2:12pm

The forks on it at the moment are 55s with 160mm travel. So if you did it would slacken the headangle and put your BB up higher a bit. Plus might feel weird depending what the rear travel is.

I'd leave it. It was designed for them so they'd work best.
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sun 30/Jan/11 2:13pm

I'd leave it with the singles. :)
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby happybaboon on Sun 30/Jan/11 2:18pm

At very least see how you like it with the current forks before deciding to fiddle.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby UMFfreddyrider on Sun 30/Jan/11 2:24pm

wuffy wrote:The forks on it at the moment are 55s with 160mm travel. So if you did it would slacken the headangle and put your BB up higher a bit. Plus might feel weird depending what the rear travel is.

I'd leave it. It was designed for them so they'd work best.

Thankkz bro i got the bike at xmas and the forks r all goods but i wantted to put on some lonnger travel forks so that i could ride some more agresive trails but i might not now i might just leave them with the singles i just needed some one to reply and tell me if it was a good idea thankz again bro
UMFfreddyrider

Postby kona.stinky. on Sun 30/Jan/11 2:38pm

Your current forks are fine, if you're going to upgrade something put a chainguide on.
kona.stinky.
"Si"
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby JamesC on Tue 1/Feb/11 1:25pm

Your current forks are fine, if you're going to upgrade something put a chainguide on.

....and lose the reflectors?
JamesC
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Postby kona.stinky. on Tue 1/Feb/11 2:00pm

JamesC wrote:

....and lose the reflectors?

No. Reflectors make you faster.
kona.stinky.
"Si"
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby wuffy on Tue 1/Feb/11 2:06pm

the reflectors are angled so that only light coming from behind hits them, and we all know light travels really fast, 299792 kilometers per second in fact. So when the light hits teh reflector, it pushes it and teh relative mass between the two means teh light bounces off at 299 791.99999999999 kilometers per second and pushes the reflector making the wheel turn.

Trust me, i'm a doctor.

:cool:
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby UMFfreddyrider on Sat 5/Feb/11 6:57pm

wuffy wrote:the reflectors are angled so that only light coming from behind hits them, and we all know light travels really fast, 299792 kilometers per second in fact. So when the light hits teh reflector, it pushes it and teh relative mass between the two means teh light bounces off at 299 791.99999999999 kilometers per second and pushes the reflector making the wheel turn.

Trust me, i'm a doctor.

:cool:

Thanx doc iv all ready taken off the flectors this pic was taken when I first got da bike that's why they were on the bike
UMFfreddyrider

Postby DHhucks on Sat 3/Sep/11 10:38am

Get triples. Bikes with too longer forks are mean, ala my GT chucker 1 with 160mm rockshox domain. :love:
DHhucks
"Baldrick; I think I have a cunning plan...."
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Cycling | Freeriding (MTB) | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts