Oxygen Sunglasses

Postby Can't run anymore! on Wed 17/Nov/10 8:30pm

I bought a pair of Oxygen Kom sunglasses less than a year ago. Looked like nice, good quality glasses and came with 3 inter changeable lenses. They haven't had much use at all, but two of the three lenses have snapped in the middle (there seems to be a weak point there). Returned them to where I bought them seeking replacements but when the retailer contacted the company they refused to do anything even though they had a years warrenty - the lenses were not scratched in any way and otherwise in new condition. The retailer had to go straight to the company because the previous distributor no longer dealt with Oxygen and I am led to believe that was because they had had some issues with the products.
Basically, a word of warning. I wouldn't touch Oxygen glasses with a barge pool next time - I have a pair of 15yr old Bolle glasses that I've gone back to, scratches and all.
Can't run anymore!
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Re: Oxygen Sunglasses

Postby disoriented on Wed 17/Nov/10 8:34pm

Can't run anymore! wrote:I bought a pair of Oxygen Kom sunglasses less than a year ago. Looked like nice, good quality glasses and came with 3 inter changeable lenses. They haven't had much use at all, but two of the three lenses have snapped in the middle (there seems to be a weak point there). Returned them to where I bought them seeking replacements but when the retailer contacted the company they refused to do anything even though they had a years warrenty - the lenses were not scratched in any way and otherwise in new condition. The retailer had to go straight to the company because the previous distributor no longer dealt with Oxygen and I am led to believe that was because they had had some issues with the products.
Basically, a word of warning. I wouldn't touch Oxygen glasses with a barge pool next time - I have a pair of 15yr old Bolle glasses that I've gone back to, scratches and all.

Were they a one piece lens?
disoriented
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby craigofnz on Wed 17/Nov/10 9:27pm

Can't run anymore! wrote:I bought a pair of Oxygen Kom sunglasses less than a year ago. Looked like nice, good quality glasses and came with 3 inter changeable lenses. They haven't had much use at all, but two of the three lenses have snapped in the middle (there seems to be a weak point there). Returned them to where I bought them seeking replacements but when the retailer contacted the company they refused to do anything even though they had a years warrenty - the lenses were not scratched in any way and otherwise in new condition. The retailer had to go straight to the company because the previous distributor no longer dealt with Oxygen and I am led to believe that was because they had had some issues with the products.

Crud. Yeah I lost the nose piece on mine so they aren't too comfy now. Let me know if you would like my lenses.
craigofnz
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Postby nzmatto on Thu 18/Nov/10 7:46am

I went to buy some as a result of all their advertising, only to find the dealers listed on their website no longer sold them....then the LBS dude took me aside and told me they were pretty shite anyway. He proceeded to sell me into a set of Tifosi glasses which I am very happy with.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Can't run anymore! on Thu 18/Nov/10 9:34pm

Yes, they were the one piece lense, there is a small hole in each lense in the middle and that seems to weaken the whole structure. Especially when you need to bend the lens to put it in the frame.
Thanks for the offer of your lenses Craig. I'll get in touch if I need them - I'm hoping someone at Oxygen will see these postinsg and have an attack of the guilts/consider the PR impact and come to the party.
Can't run anymore!
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Postby fuelme on Fri 13/Jan/12 1:16pm

I bought a pair of Oxygen Kom sunglasses less than a year ago. Looked like nice, good quality glasses and came with 3 inter changeable lenses. They haven't had much use at all, but two of the three lenses have snapped in the middle (there seems to be a weak point there). Returned them to where I bought them seeking replacements but when the retailer contacted the company they refused to do anything even though they had a years warrenty - the lenses were not scratched in any way and otherwise in new condition. The retailer had to go straight to the company because the previous distributor no longer dealt with Oxygen and I am led to believe that was because they had had some issues with the products.

Hey there, did anyone from Oxygen contact you about this? I see it's an old post but just wanted to see if any resolution came of this. We sell the Oxygen sunglasses (have down for 4 or 5 years now) and not sure why your store told you the distributor had changed as it's always been the same distributor in NZ. Not sure what would have caused the lenses to snap - we've never had any returns of KOMs with that issue. The Firefly tends to be a problem with the nose piece coming off, however the distributors normally replace that with a new one. Best bet is to bend the frame and not the lens when changing lenses as the frame is a lot more flexible than the lens which may have been causing them to break.
If you still have your frames we could flick you out a new set of replacement lenses as we've got a few pairs instore at the moment. Just PM and we'll sort it out.
fuelme
Member for: 5 years 9 months

Postby kerryra on Tue 23/Oct/12 7:31pm

Hi Vorb, like the previous owner of O2 Oxygen sunnies ( Firefly) model, with replacement lenses, the nose piece is lost and they are really uncomforatable now to wear, but there is nothing wrong with the frames and lenses, do you have any nose pieces I could purchase, I live in Australia but could get them posted to me from NZ,

look forward toyour reply
thanks
Kerry 23/10/12
kerryra
Member for: 4 years 11 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts