Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby turns on Sun 7/Nov/10 8:17am

EVENT :: TE AROHA GOAT CHALLENGE

http://www.enteronline.co.nz/index.cfm?page=EventDetails&ID=4665
http://outdooradventure.co.nz/events.html

Nestled at the base of Mt Te Aroha lies the Te Aroha MTB trails which will be host once again to the Te Aroha MTB Goat Challenge.

Solo riders or teams of 3 will rotate on a 20min (approx) circuit on the lower Te Aroha tracks sweeping past the finish line & your team site each lap. At the 3hr close off the rider can complete the lap and have that lap recorded to place. The rider number must be changed to the next riders bike. The course is a grade 2-3 with about 80m of elevation each lap. Marshalls or tape will mark all trails. Road rules apply when using roadway. In teams each rider must complete at least one lap.

Trails consist of fast flowing singletrack which has been groomed to perfection. Naturally formed with rocks and clay and gravels, these trails are quick and exhilarating which flow through native forests.

Heres your opportunity to challenge your fitness and skills against the mountain in the historic spa town of Te Aroha towards being the goat champion.

Type: Mountain Biking

ENTRY CLASSES

Class Type Final Entries
Solo Men Individual $30.00 - 10 Mar 11
Solo Women Individual $30.00 - 10 Mar 11
Mens Team Team $40.00 - 10 Mar 11
Womens Team Team $40.00 - 10 Mar 11
Solo Single Speed Individual $30.00 - 10 Mar 11
Masters Men 45+ Individual $30.00 - 10 Mar 11
Masters Women 45+ Individual $30.00 - 10 Mar 11

Organiser: Andrew Cochrane
Start Date:Saturday, 19 Mar 2011 (09:00AM)
Email: andrewcochrane007@hotmail.com
info@outdooradventure.co.nz
Venue: Te Aroha Domain
Phone: 0274 829 001
07 8844545 or 027 677 8531
Website: http://www.sportsground.co.nz/ClubSite. ... 16NLYLHEZB
turns
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby turns on Tue 8/Mar/11 1:00pm

Due to the road management plan not been done, we will be running the event from the Te Aroha Water Treatment Plant, this will make a few happy and some not :( .
The Course will be easy and fast for all..... :)
Track map has been modified

Race track layout , 5.4km lap - 180m of elevation.

http://www.enteronline.co.nz/index.cfm?page=EventDetails&ID=4665
turns
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby gn.buys on Mon 14/Mar/11 10:10pm

Geoff Buysman here, and will give you a little run down on the race this Sat. Goat Challenge is just the name, we should be calling it something to do with sheep but it just don't sound right. Because the track at the moment is swept clean as, La Mans 3hr, ??? There is nothing steep or tech on this track, apart from the rocks and roots that can easily be ridden around. No big drops, just a lovely bottom section of the mountain bike park. Anyone of any age can ride this track and if on the day your younger ones want to ride then the parent can accompany them around for a lap or two. As Alan has said we have to change the format a little taking out the road sections and this means you don't ride up the rocky hill at the start. We go straight into and continue around the tracks for the 3hrs. Start and finish will be beside the water tanks beside the treatment station. Signs will be out in the form of arrows to follow on up from the domain road. Limited parking up the hill so get in early for the close spots other than that you will be pointed to the side of the road on the way up there. This year will mean you are in the middle of the racing tracks and will have great views of the riders in all directions. Lots of photo options so just ask a local for the good spots. Bored kids can wonder up the hill and see the big waterfall or if you would like to go for an hrs walk up a new track just ask how to get to Geoff's Track, Gum-Ta-Native. great views over the plains and you can see some of the race track from up there. Be early and come prepared for some hot racing and if weather is right then prepare for that as well. It gets quite hot up there on the hill side. See you all on Saturday.
gn.buys
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby jeyboi on Mon 14/Mar/11 10:25pm

That's all good and well, but what about your stats?
jeyboi
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby gn.buys on Tue 15/Mar/11 8:19pm

jeyboi wrote:That's all good and well, but what about your stats?

So what stats are you wanting to know. The body, the bike or the fact that I may just win another event here in TeAroha this weekend. Google the name and it comes up all over the place. Jeyboi stops here. :) :cool:
gn.buys

Postby gn.buys on Tue 15/Mar/11 8:25pm

The TeAroha Goat challenge will suite all X/C riders for it is fast and flowing, similar to Pukete but with a few rocks and roots thrown in to keep you on your toe's. Ride Rotorua and you can race this one and with the course been a little shorter fast lap times and the chance to lap a few riders. With the start and finish now being up at the water tanks means you don't go to the domain. Follow some bright arrows from there to get up top. Should be enough parking for a lot but be early to get a good one, and the family will be able to see a lot of different riding for they are in the middle of the race course. Come on over and have a blast .
gn.buys

Postby stealth mode on Tue 15/Mar/11 9:03pm

:lol:
stealth mode
"'SUCK MY COG'"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby jeyboi on Tue 15/Mar/11 9:38pm

gn.buys wrote:

Google the name and it comes up all over the place. Jeyboi stops here. :) :cool:

I googled gn.buys and only found a few vorb posts.

My vorb stats are more impressive than yours. You should check them out. :cool:
jeyboi

Postby sifter on Tue 15/Mar/11 9:41pm

jeyboi wrote:
gn.buys wrote:

Google the name and it comes up all over the place. Jeyboi stops here. :) :cool:

I googled gn.buys and only found a few vorb posts.

My vorb stats are more impressive than yours. You should check them out. :cool:

your username is not instantly associated with spam either :thumbsup:
sifter
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby crossalis on Tue 15/Mar/11 9:52pm

gn.buy a while back wrote: Very much wrong and don't need to go into my stats.

We have a stand off on stats
crossalis
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby blackadder63 on Tue 15/Mar/11 10:22pm

Who gives a rats about stats...heres a chance to get on ya bike with a few others. Good effort to those who are trying to put it together. Organising events is never easy. :thumbsup:
blackadder63
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby gn.buys on Sat 19/Mar/11 9:28pm

blackadder63 wrote:Who gives a rats about stats...heres a chance to get on ya bike with a few others. Good effort to those who are trying to put it together. Organising events is never easy. :thumbsup:

Dead right there, it is not easy at all and is always the same old same old doing all the work. I was involved in organizing the whole track for the goat challenge. Set up a great track and enjoyed by all, and put on the weather as well. Raced in the solo single speed class and sort of won that as I said I would. Came in second to the young guns Team from Hamilton. A feather in there cap for pushing hard as and congrats to them. Jeyboi when did you last win a race and what was that???? ;) ;) :)
gn.buys

Postby sifter on Sat 19/Mar/11 9:34pm

:D
sifter
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby slidecontrol on Sat 19/Mar/11 9:35pm

gn.buys wrote: Jeyboi when did you last win a race and what was that???? ;) ;) :)

you might be surprised
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby jeyboi on Sat 19/Mar/11 10:45pm

gn.buys wrote:Jeyboi when did you last win a race and what was that???? ;) ;) :)

Haha, you got me - I haven't won a race since November. :blush:

From what I can find on the world wide intranet, the last couple of races we've both done I've beaten you like a redheaded stepchild.

I don't need to tell you my stats. ;) ;) :)
jeyboi

Auckland MTB Club | Auckland University MTB Club | Clubs | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Epic Riding | Events | Hamilton MTB Club | Mountain Biking | Rotorua MTB Club - Latest Posts