Nz Is The 5th Most Prosperous Nation

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 30/Oct/10 12:21pm

CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Nz Is The 5th Most Prosperous Nation

Postby wuffy on Sat 30/Oct/10 12:26pm

I've only got a thermos.
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Sat 30/Oct/10 1:43pm

Curious.
Main thing i got out of the article is that marilyn waring is fairly down on men. and that these statisticz aren't to her taste.
While probably of dubious use overall its great to see that an honest attempt is being made to assess the overall welfare of the society instead of the simplistic use of economic data as a proxy for wellbeing.
However, it would seem that at least to ms waring, that ones vessel for the imbibing of liquid comestibles, no matter how full, is only adequate if is is both fashioned from wood, unfired clay (hand-painted) or broad folded leaf and that the fullness is within 20% of the societal mean, except those who are euro-caucasion and carry a Y chromosome, who should be within 10% of the mean.
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 30/Oct/10 1:54pm

great uncle bulgaria wrote:Curious.
Main thing i got out of the article is that marilyn waring is fairly down on men. and that these statisticz aren't to her taste.
While probably of dubious use overall its great to see that an honest attempt is being made to assess the overall welfare of the society instead of the simplistic use of economic data as a proxy for wellbeing.
However, it would seem that at least to ms waring, that ones vessel for the imbibing of liquid comestibles, no matter how full, is only adequate if is is both fashioned from wood, unfired clay (hand-painted) or broad folded leaf and that the fullness is within 20% of the societal mean, except those who are euro-caucasion and carry a Y chromosome, who should be within 10% of the mean.

:D

As a euro-caucasian, Y cromosone owning, bourgeois member of society I shall fill my vessel with a scottish beverage and drink to my wealth...
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""

Postby happybaboon on Sat 30/Oct/10 2:03pm

CrustyMTB wrote:How full is your glass? Mines a double!

Lately I've been taking mine via enema.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Sat 30/Oct/10 2:07pm

CrustyMTB wrote: :D
As a euro-caucasian, Y cromosone owning, bourgeois member of society I shall fill my vessel with a scottish beverage and drink to my wealth...

I'd expect nothing less honky biiiiiitch. :D
single malt i hope!!
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 30/Oct/10 2:55pm

great uncle bulgaria wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote: :D

I'd expect nothing less honky biiiiiitch. :D
single malt i hope!!
Islay malt, never lowland and never ever blended (only good for xmas cake)
CrustyMTB

Postby Fraser on Sat 30/Oct/10 7:14pm

Most of these 'studies' tend to be on National pride rather than actual facts such as http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/

As for Whisk(e)y Blended schmended. One of the funniest nights was with my friends who worked at a distilery. We all pissed onto a barrel of single malt, then rolling it out the next day for all of the Whisky connessiurs to wax lyrically over the next morning. As Aaron quite rightly pointed out the Isle of Arran and the Kintyre penninsula looks like male genitalia anyway.

On a similar note the stone ya kiss at Blarney Castle has the same 'blessing' for the tourists from those at the local pub.
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Sat 30/Oct/10 7:24pm

There are lots of delicious blended whiskys anyway. :hmmm:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Joel on Sat 30/Oct/10 7:42pm

Oli wrote:There are lots of delicious blended whiskys anyway. :hmmm:

no, there is not. single malt or bust. :angry:
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Oli on Sat 30/Oct/10 7:52pm

shut up
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sun 31/Oct/10 9:43am

Name two, pirateboy. :angry:
CrustyMTB

Postby znomit on Sun 31/Oct/10 9:45am

CrustyMTB wrote:

Don't the blended ones all taste the same?
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sun 31/Oct/10 9:50am

znomit wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote:

Don't the blended ones all taste the same?
And there we have it, the problem in a nutshell vessel
CrustyMTB

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 31/Oct/10 9:51am

what does it matter when you mix it with lemonade any way
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Clubs | Economy | International Politics | National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts