Welly Mtbc Dh Series - Volunteers Req - Long Gully

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Sat 28/Aug/10 2:44pm

Well its been a long time coming but finally we are gonna go for a wicked downhill series this year.

gonna be three rounds :

RD1 - Maidstone 19th September
RD2 - Karori Park 3rd October
RD3 - Long Gully 6&7th November (part of AKDH series)

We are still sorting out a huge number of details and will do a proper event release next week. Alot more details will be confirmed then.

But for now we would like to do a bit of a shout out to see if any one would be keen to help lend us a hand.
Like most events , the people and friends around us want to partisipate in the events so it can be hard to string enough people together.
So anyone is welcome to come help out!
Parents and partners of riders make really really good helpers too :thumbsup: (dont be shy , ask away)

Here's a list of tasks that are suited to your talents:

Van Drivers - Could mean picking up and droping off to hire companys.
Truck Drivers - just for driving at the event - Could mean Pick up/Drop Off - but will need drivers with HT licence.
Track Marshalls - Ensuring the saftey of riders on track (blow a whistle, stop riders when needed and rind for first aid help when needed)
Registration - Accepting people entry form and processing them (2-3 hours)
BBQ - 2-3 hours of selling food & drinks - this makes for a good fundraiser for the club.
General turn up early and ask if anything needs to be done - first 3 hours is always chaos for organisers.

Also at the the end of any event there will be a ton of tidying up to do, not just rubbish & track but vans too.
Feel free to do your part to ensure that running events is a postive exiperiance for the few giving up many many hours of their riding time, trust me they will be very thankfull.

Please keep in mind that a bit of advance warning of your willingness to help will make the world of differance as to how much sleep the organisers will get :)

Any pledges of support with home contact details (email/phone) can be sent to: Volunteers@wmtbc.org.nz

Thanks for your time ,hope to see you at the races :thumbsup:

Cool

CU
Last edited by Mike_the_Hippy on Thu 14/Oct/10 1:38pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike_the_Hippy
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Re: Welly Mtbc Downhill Series Sept-nov

Postby Jono on Sun 29/Aug/10 9:29pm

bump....we're always looking for more volunteers :thumbsup:
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby jo on Sun 29/Aug/10 9:49pm

I can help out Oct 3 all day. Maybe 19th Sep (Theres a PNPXC in the morning) .
edit: done emailed. :)
jo
User avatarMedal
"Windy"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby legitdownhiller on Mon 30/Aug/10 5:02pm

say if i wanted to do long gully would i have to do the other races for this series
legitdownhiller
"Rad To The Power Of Sick"
Member for: 4 years 6 months

Postby Jono on Mon 30/Aug/10 5:11pm

You only need to race the rounds that you want to, but if you want overall points for the series you'll need to race all three.

So if you only want to enter for long gully, that's fine.
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby legitdownhiller on Mon 30/Aug/10 6:07pm

Jono wrote:You only need to race the rounds that you want to, but if you want overall points for the series you'll need to race all three.

So if you only want to enter for long gully, that's fine.

chur
legitdownhiller
"Rad To The Power Of Sick"
Member for: 4 years 6 months

Postby Colin on Mon 6/Sep/10 10:50am

I'm happy to go on the whistle for Maidstone.

Sorry out of town / busy for the other two races.
Colin
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby schhteve on Mon 6/Sep/10 7:20pm

Have flick them a email volunteer my services a week ago and haven't herd anything back. I presume your still looking for more?
schhteve
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Tue 7/Sep/10 11:06pm

yea sorry about that, i busted that post out prior to jumping in a taxi to the airport for a holiday. sorry i dont do email and phone on holiday.

But yea got everyones messages, thanks heaps for your replies , ill need a few days to back into the swing of things and find out where we are short staffed.

Before i left richard out maidstone seem to have most things on track and sounding very much in control as per usual.

The karori park race is looking abit thin on the ground for helpers, so spread the word on that one.

The November race will be a biggie for us so its nice to get a few welcome supporters for that race. still gonna need some more ,especially truck drivers. Plenty of time to work on that one though.

By the way we give free entry to the groms that rope their parents into driving :thumbsup:

Anyway thanks to all that have replied so far :thumbsup: awsome!

Thanks
Mike_the_Hippy

Re: Welly Mtbc Dh Series - Volunteers Req - Karori Park

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Wed 22/Sep/10 10:24am

hey everyone ,less than two weeks till karori and we are really running short of voluenteers.

currently we could do with some people to help with:

driving , pickup/drop off of hire vans (task would suit racer)
registation , BBQ Managment, track marshalling ,etc.

Also as per usual we always need help setting up first thing ,turning up at 8:30am and pledging some support will be great.

alson please ask if you can help after the race as there is a ton of cleaning up and gear to that will need to go up to the gully for the next race.

Cheers

MIKE
Mike_the_Hippy

Postby thorg on Wed 22/Sep/10 11:16am

hey mike - still have my number? can possibly help out, living local and all that. Will have to check with other half, but should be able to help somewhere in teh volunteer chain. Oh, yea - Have HT.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Wed 22/Sep/10 3:13pm

Thanks man

yea ive got your number floating around somewhere , might getb you on driving a van for a while. or let me know if you have a preferance somethjing listed .

cheers
Mike_the_Hippy

Postby Owen on Wed 22/Sep/10 5:45pm

There is an XC race the same which will swallow quite a few people who would otherwise offer.
Owen

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Wed 22/Sep/10 5:59pm

yip same thing happened last weekend :thumbsup:

im sure we will find a way.

reckon ive got plenty of supporters in the club that will give me a hand if i ring them directly to do a few small tasks, might even ask a few to ask their parents :)
Mike_the_Hippy

Postby Crucial on Sat 2/Oct/10 6:54pm

Will be there at 8. Available all day and happy to drive again if you need me to. (or Regos or BBQ or whatever)

Rick
Crucial
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Clubs | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Mountain Biking | Wellington MTB Club - Latest Posts