Re: Cyclocross 2010 Nz Champs - Date Confirmed!!

Postby 95bonty on Sat 21/Aug/10 7:05pm

some extra footage from today, this is the rhino pit section, there will be barriers to the left hand side for those riding without a snorkel :satan:
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER] [CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
rhino pit conditions a week out from the race
Viewed 733 times -
95bonty
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Mel on Sat 21/Aug/10 7:42pm

Nice. That's going to cut up nicely with the slice 'n dice of a couple of hundred CX tyres going through it. :thumbsup: I wonder if it will be more soup than porridge this year?
Mel
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby Datsane on Sat 21/Aug/10 9:51pm

It looked rather dodgy yesterday when I rode past it, did you remove all the random crap that was piled into it?

IL Treno Dolore wrote:They're being pampered in the Pain Cave, we didn't want to scratch the deep dish carbons or spend next week re-gluing tubulars ;-)
Though I do like the looks of your ride Focker and since he said it we'll hold him accountable and ridicule him :thumbsup:
Hang on they look like V not Canti brakes the bike police might be around soon.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Sasky on Sun 22/Aug/10 7:30am

Brakes a a touchy subject for Focher after yesterdays test crash brake fade :hmmm: Lucky the bank wasn't hurt. We can all see why UCI is finally ok with Discs
Sasky
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Datsane on Sun 22/Aug/10 5:59pm

Looking at the wheel marks all over the show you guys are doing some serious course subterfuge or you guys are just plain evil.

And the rhino pit is going to be EPIC this year.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby more-Ron on Sun 22/Aug/10 7:59pm

Nearly missed it this year (that would be tragic) as I'm not vorbing anymore - for some reason thought it was September last year.

See you Sunday.
more-Ron
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Mel on Sun 22/Aug/10 8:31pm

"I'm not vorbing anymore" Yeah, right! :lol:

Will you be racing it fixed, Ron?
Mel
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby Datsane on Sun 22/Aug/10 10:11pm

Mel even I'm not that stupid :paranoid:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Sun 22/Aug/10 10:47pm

Debateable
RussS
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby more-Ron on Mon 23/Aug/10 7:17am

crikey, only just in a position to answer the 'will you be racing' part of the question. Might remove the derailleur if it is as soupy as you guys are saying.
more-Ron
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby 95bonty on Mon 23/Aug/10 8:20am

Datsane, you're right there are a few changes to the course, but nothing too weird, unfortunately I don't have these on Garmin yet.

basically:

1. Hoegaarden Hill is IN
2. we'll ride down the sand chute in the park and follow the trail in reverse past the jumps/drop offs and then out of the park
3. rather than come along the flat and then turning hard right onto the steps you'll take the downhill to the left and then back up towards the steps.

it all adds up to be a little shy of 3kms and approximately 7-9mins per lap.
95bonty
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Muppet Patroler on Mon 23/Aug/10 9:16am

more-Ron wrote:crikey, only just in a position to answer the 'will you be racing' part of the question. Might remove the derailleur if it is as soupy as you guys are saying.

REMOVE IT :thumbsup: :satan:
Muppet Patroler
"insane in the membrane, insane in the brain"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Focker on Mon 23/Aug/10 9:30am

:withstupid:

I've got 39x18 on my bike but as thats gunna be a fail (like last year), 39x22 fingers x'd will be all good.....

keeping in mind if I was racing my 29r SS I'd stay with 32x18 as it might get ugly out there with 50+ riders doing a total of 500 odd laps! If it fines up :rolleyes: different story of course.....but yeah the course is the fastest so far, albeit the most fun as well, its got everything a Cross course should have (and shouldn't) :satan: :thumbsup:

Max power, I think your 39x15 will be fine for you :D :thumbsup:
Focker
"Watching you watching me..."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby IL Treno Dolore on Mon 23/Aug/10 9:57am

Woot!

After mopping up a few stragglers at the weekend we now have a very healthy 36 pre entries!

Number plate requests are with the powers that be and fingers crossed you'll all be pimped out for race day.

six days to d-day
IL Treno Dolore
"A basterds work is never done"
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 23/Aug/10 11:02am

95bonty wrote:Datsane, you're right there are a few changes to the course, but nothing too weird, unfortunately I don't have these on Garmin yet.

basically:

1. Hoegaarden Hill is IN
2. we'll ride down the sand chute in the park and follow the trail in reverse past the jumps/drop offs and then out of the park
3. rather than come along the flat and then turning hard right onto the steps you'll take the downhill to the left and then back up towards the steps.

it all adds up to be a little shy of 3kms and approximately 7-9mins per lap.

I knew that I should have kept my mouth shut. I should have enough time to set up the rope tow by then.
7-9min epp it took me near double that the other day, I did spend alot of time going I think this is right and riding the wrong way.

Apart from not having a proper sandpit (100m x 300mm deep sand) it will be just like riding in a euro race. Even the smell.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Clubs | Cycling | Cyclocross | Event Reports | Events | Hamilton MTB Club | Mountain Biking | Road Cycling - Latest Posts