42nd Traverse Video

Postby Conners on Sun 2/May/10 9:01am

Ten riders from Auckland, Tauranga and Welly met up in National Park to ride the 42nd Traverse last weekend - here's some helmetcam footage from the ride.

Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Re: 42nd Traverse Video

Postby the D man on Mon 3/May/10 12:44pm

i LOVE this track Ive done it on the motorbikes and 4x4s but haven't managed to get back up there for the mtb mission yet. how was it?
the D man
Member for: 7 years 10 months

Postby Conners on Mon 3/May/10 1:54pm

It was really cool, apparently not much rain in the area in the last couple of months - so relatively dry. Still the odd muddy patch, but overall very ridable. Great track for a decent sized group too, nothing overly technical, but enough to keep the more experienced riders interested while not being impossible for the odd newbie.

We also hit up Tree Trunk Gorge while we were there, which I would also recommend. Great wee piece of beech forest singletrack - made a worthwhile addition to our trip.
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby the D man on Tue 4/May/10 9:38am

I'll look in to that thanks man.

if you head back there at some point you should look in to fishers track its just on the other side of the national park train station its another awesome ride that i have got around to doing on the mtb's
the D man
Member for: 7 years 10 months

Postby danburger on Sat 8/May/10 9:24pm

Pleased you enjoyed our track. Saw you guys in there, you were at the top of the first big climb have a toilet stop when I went past. Was a good day for a ride. Fishers track is awsome if you like a bit of down hill. Go hard guys.
danburger
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Epic Riding | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts