How Much Should I Sell My Camera For?

Postby kona.stinky. on Tue 27/Apr/10 7:28pm

Hey guys,

I need to sell my camera because I am planning on buying a motocross bike... thing is I have no idea how much I should want for it,
it's a 2009 fujifilm S200EXR I brought it for 900$, and I brought a GB SD memory card, and a snug fitting lowerpro bag all the original cables, the charger, the CD Software disks, everything in the box, including the original box, the camera itself has no scratches, marks or any damage at all, it comes with a lens cap, in short it's a 12.2 mp camera with 35.5 to 436mm lens, with what I consider to be the best software chip around, in new condition, and I need it sold within about 2 weeks, so what should I ask for? and I really don't want to do a 1$ reserve...

Cheers.
kona.stinky.
"Si"
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Re: How Much Should I Sell My Camera For?

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 27/Apr/10 7:34pm

ten bucks
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby kona.stinky. on Tue 27/Apr/10 8:20pm

THATS 1000 cents.... I"M RICH!!!!!!!!
kona.stinky.
"Si"
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Postby its that guy on Tue 27/Apr/10 8:25pm

kona.stinky. wrote:THATS 1000 cents.... I"M RICH!!!!!!!!

Good luck with that... :withstupid:

Start bidding at $600 and put buy now at $800 :)
its that guy
"Lurkin"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby its that guy on Tue 27/Apr/10 9:05pm

Start high and get lower per auction. You might get lucky :thumbsup:
its that guy
"Lurkin"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby Bigfoot on Wed 28/Apr/10 3:43am

Used electronics - 50% or a bit higher, depending on the desirability... maybe 5-600, unfortunately.
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby dented on Wed 28/Apr/10 6:31am

Im a big fan of setting up trademe auctions at $1 reserve (although it works best on bigger/more expensive items). You draw in heaps more potential buyers, and the market will work out exactly what the correct buying price is. Has to be well marketed of course, make sure you use all the right words in your ad, and take advantage of all the extras (Bold heading, Gallery listing, photo on list page, etc). Have had good results for things worth over $300
dented
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby dented on Wed 28/Apr/10 6:32am

its that guy wrote:Start high and get lower per auction. You might get lucky :thumbsup:

Sorry but thats the worst idea ever. People will just keep watching week after week, wondering how low you will go, and eventually get sick of even looking, and probably assume there must be a fault with it, otherwise why would you keep lowering your price?
dented
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts