Road Rage In New Plymouth

Postby fatwombat on Thu 22/Apr/10 7:23am

Seen this? http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/3608529/Cyclist-hit-deliberately

At least is says the police are "treating it seriously". I guess the ultimate question is whether the courts will do the same.
fatwombat
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Re: Road Rage In New Plymouth

Postby wachtourak on Thu 22/Apr/10 7:35am

In my experiences, the police will say they are treating it very seriously then drop the charges against the driver and not tell you why.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby kiwi_zg on Thu 22/Apr/10 8:52am

The dick wad /wad's in the car need a good beating.
kiwi_zg
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby NZpushbiker on Thu 22/Apr/10 8:53am

isn't there a thread for this? stuff.co.nz?
NZpushbiker
"Life is short (think about it)"
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Postby schlek1 on Thu 22/Apr/10 9:23am

wachtourak wrote:In my experiences, the police will say they are treating it very seriously then drop the charges against the driver and not tell you why.

Prob cos they dont like dealing with dickheads.
schlek1
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby wachtourak on Thu 22/Apr/10 9:28am

Lol, and who the hell are you, you chump
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby floydigus on Thu 22/Apr/10 9:33am

Though not actually hit, I was given not entirely dissimilar treatment in Karori a few months ago.
The registration of the car was "MADA01". See how I can remember that after all this time? Personalised plates do have their uses :p

I reported it to the old bill and they did actually phone me up about it as apparently the guy had been reported for tons of traffic stuff before. And it all took place in a school zone.
floydigus
"“Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.”"

Postby wachtourak on Thu 22/Apr/10 9:41am

That guy is a fucking loser. He used to come into my old work all the time. Epic chode to deal with.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby bubbaa on Thu 22/Apr/10 10:57pm

floydigus wrote:Though not actually hit, I was given not entirely dissimilar treatment in Karori a few months ago.
The registration of the car was "MADA01". See how I can remember that after all this time? Personalised plates do have their uses :p

I reported it to the old bill and they did actually phone me up about it as apparently the guy had been reported for tons of traffic stuff before. And it all took place in a school zone.

did they do him??
bubbaa
"bite me"
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Postby MattV on Thu 22/Apr/10 11:36pm

There's heaps of room either side for cyclists along that stretch of road. There's also not many old cars like that around NP. So the chances of them getting caught should be pretty good.

Hope the driver gets nailed for it.
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby fatwombat on Fri 23/Apr/10 3:12am

I just found this punishment for road rage in Australia - http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/3612022/Cheese-ball-road-rage-killer-jailed-for-25-years. It seems that taking the life of a cheese-ball-thrower is reprehensible, whereas taking the life of a cyclist is much less so (I recently met an aussie cyclist at a wedding who told me that killings like the one at the start of this thread would not get more than a small fine).
fatwombat
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby floydigus on Fri 23/Apr/10 8:59am

bubbaa wrote:
floydigus wrote:Though not actually hit, I was given not entirely dissimilar treatment in Karori a few months ago.

did they do him??

Not as far as I know. They were meant to phone back, didn't leave a contact number etc.
floydigus
"“Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.”"

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Fri 23/Apr/10 9:40am

fatwombat wrote:I just found this punishment for road rage in Australia - http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/3612022/Cheese-ball-road-rage-killer-jailed-for-25-years. It seems that taking the life of a cheese-ball-thrower is reprehensible, whereas taking the life of a cyclist is much less so (I recently met an aussie cyclist at a wedding who told me that killings like the one at the start of this thread would not get more than a small fine).

I wonder what happened to the driver of the 4 x 4 that hit and killed Scott Peoples (sp? You know, the guy who did well in the Tour of Southland) a couple of years ago.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Cars | Cycle Commuting | Cycling | Middle North Island | Motoring | New Plymouth | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Taranaki - Latest Posts