Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby Rik on Thu 17/Sep/15 9:54pm

swtchbckr wrote:
mudguard wrote:The dual caliper is a little out of context...
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/12688667/

so, that's a 36er?!


You know I looked at that first picture and thought to myself something didn't look right. Either the disk and callipers looked too small or the spokes looked too long.

Mystery solved
Rik
User avatar
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby mudguard on Thu 17/Sep/15 9:58pm

Why would you have two calipers on the back? To assist skidz?
mudguard
User avatar
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby mudguard on Thu 17/Sep/15 10:08pm

I have never lacked for rear brake.
mudguard
User avatar
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby Wobbler on Thu 17/Sep/15 11:01pm

mudguard wrote:Why would you have two calipers on the back? To assist skidz?


yes
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby mudguard on Thu 17/Sep/15 11:17pm

Wobbler wrote:
mudguard wrote:Why would you have two calipers on the back? To assist skidz?


yes

You should borrow my bike, I have poor man's Zees and had to put a smaller rotor on the back to stop over zealous skidz. And I'm coming from the Hayes Mag school of backing into corners with binary like brake application that is Hayes Mags.
mudguard
User avatar
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby Wobbler on Fri 18/Sep/15 7:29am

mudguard wrote:
Wobbler wrote:
mudguard wrote:Why would you have two calipers on the back? To assist skidz?


yes

You should borrow my bike, I have poor man's Zees and had to put a smaller rotor on the back to stop over zealous skidz. And I'm coming from the Hayes Mag school of backing into corners with binary like brake application that is Hayes Mags.


I loved my mags, sucks I had such continuous sticky piston issues.

Your actions disgust me

wait fuck I did the same thing with my xts (although it was 203 to 180) :paranoid:
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby mudguard on Sun 20/Sep/15 10:01am

Wobbler wrote:wait fuck I did the same thing with my xts (although it was 203 to 180) :paranoid:


That was the same size drop for me as well. First time I've not had 203mm rotors on both ends of a bike. I see Hayes still sell a 225mm rotor...
mudguard
User avatar
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby el_booto on Sun 20/Sep/15 12:12pm

mudguard wrote:
Wobbler wrote:wait fuck I did the same thing with my xts (although it was 203 to 180) :paranoid:


That was the same size drop for me as well. First time I've not had 203mm rotors on both ends of a bike. I see Hayes still sell a 225mm rotor...


Where? I tried to get one for my bike about a year ago and couldn't find one anywhere (local or international)
el_booto
User avatar
"Don't let anyone say "the world is your oyster" the world is not an oyster..."
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby mudguard on Sun 20/Sep/15 3:26pm

[quote="el_booto" I see Hayes still sell a 225mm rotor...[/quote]

Where? I tried to get one for my bike about a year ago and couldn't find one anywhere (local or international)[/quote]
Well I don't know anywhere that actually sells them, but I think they may still make them.
http://www.hayesdiscbrake.com/products/rotors/v9/
mudguard
User avatar
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sun 20/Sep/15 4:32pm

mudguard wrote:
el_booto wrote:I see Hayes still sell a 225mm rotor...

Where? I tried to get one for my bike about a year ago and couldn't find one anywhere (local or international)
Well I don't know anywhere that actually sells them, but I think they may still make them.

http://www.hayesdiscbrake.com/products/rotors/v9/


Not a lot of places sell but there's here and ebay.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby CrashTestDummy on Sun 20/Sep/15 4:48pm

Eighty-eight other people laid paid bets on Japan to with one other lucky punter betting $100 at $18 with returns of $1900. :p :blink: :butbut: :eh: :blush:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/7222 ... -japan-win
CrashTestDummy
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sun 20/Sep/15 5:05pm

CrashTestDummy wrote:Eighty-eight other people laid paid bets on Japan to with one other lucky punter betting $100 at $18 with returns of $1900. :p :blink: :butbut: :eh: :blush:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/7222 ... -japan-win


Wrong thread but :D
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby Scotty on Thu 24/Sep/15 10:14am

Oh Dougal... right up yer alley bud...

http://singletrackworld.com/2015/09/int ... ssy-rides/
Marin-pine-mountain-2_1140_658_80_s.jpg
Scotty
User avatar
Member for: 18 years 10 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby Wobbler on Thu 24/Sep/15 10:28am

playful, progressive geometry.


:D

weird the rear mech internal routing outlet thing is in a different place on the studio vs the actual pictures :eh:
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby Scotty on Thu 24/Sep/15 10:31am

I think playful and progressive these days means long and slacked-out to bejeebus.
Scotty
User avatar
Member for: 18 years 10 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts

Who is online

220 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 219 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit

cron