Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby wachtourak on Thu 19/Feb/15 7:09pm

scatter wrote:Fast Forward F6T's

Mean, they are good bang for buck. Lisa is looking that way too if she buys some pimp race wheels, but she has to get a new bike first. She's still umming and aahing over getting complete Felt or something, or getting a Hillbrick carbon frame or something and building it up. Depends on how quick she sells her mountain bike. She wants to go to Nationals in 2016.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby scatter on Thu 19/Feb/15 7:35pm

The Felts are hard to go past for bang for buck. I would have bought a TK2 if it wasn't too big.
Don't discount the Fujis, that was my other option if only I'd been able to get one.
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 17 years 1 month

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Wed 25/Feb/15 4:33pm

Yet another gadget to fix the #enduro drivetrain: the Wolftooth Goatlink.

Last edited by Astoria Paranoia on Wed 25/Feb/15 5:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Wobbler on Wed 25/Feb/15 4:49pm

lol
The simplest solution is always the best, right?

Its called a front mech you ballbags
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby deliverance on Wed 25/Feb/15 5:51pm

scatter wrote:I just bought me some crabon tubs :love:

But I don't seem to be able to get a go-fast helment (no Cascos in stock) :huh:

I recently bought a Bell Javelin and a Bell Star Pro, pretty impressed by both, especially the Star....
deliverance
Member for: 4 years 11 months

Postby Kev on Thu 19/Mar/15 12:37pm

SRAM Announces Two New Hub Standards
Can anyone explain to me why having 2 new hub sizes to choose from is a good thing, for anyone except SRAM?

boosthub.jpg

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/sram-annou ... -2015.html
Kev
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby thelivo on Thu 19/Mar/15 9:32pm

Kev wrote:SRAM Announces Two New Hub Standards
Can anyone explain to me why having 2 new hub sizes to choose from is a good thing, for anyone except SRAM?

boosthub.jpg

I wouldn't have thought its even a good thing for a manufacturer. Contrary to wheelsize, I don't think anyone is going to buy new bikes just because of a new hub size, and with more and more "standards" the tooling and R&D costs go up, and economy of scale comes down. Unless I am missing something? Maybe there is a genuine problem with the existing sizes and no-one has noticed.
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thu 19/Mar/15 10:03pm

Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby wachtourak on Fri 20/Mar/15 6:49am

thelivo wrote:

boosthub.jpg

I wouldn't have thought its even a good thing for a manufacturer. Contrary to wheelsize, I don't think anyone is going to buy new bikes just because of a new hub size, and with more and more "standards" the tooling and R&D costs go up, and economy of scale comes down. Unless I am missing something? Maybe there is a genuine problem with the existing sizes and no-one has noticed.

In theory, wider flange spacing = better bracing angle = stiffer stronger wheel, but FUCK OFF just use 12 x 157 and 20x110 as THEY EXIST ALREADY

oh wait it's too heavy cause it's for DH bikes or some bollox, just how they didn't want to just go straight 20mm for XC forks because DH used that, waaaaaaaa 15mm...fucking hopeless.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby Wobbler on Fri 20/Mar/15 8:49am

The obvious axle solution is to add an 11/16 for hashtagenduro

bonus points for being in freedom units
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 20/Mar/15 9:28am

wachtourak wrote:
thelivo wrote:

boosthub.jpg

In theory, wider flange spacing = better bracing angle = stiffer stronger wheel, but FUCK OFF just use 12 x 157 and 20x110 as THEY EXIST ALREADY

oh wait it's too heavy cause it's for DH bikes or some bollox, just how they didn't want to just go straight 20mm for XC forks because DH used that, waaaaaaaa 15mm...fucking hopeless.

Yeah but you need a wider BB for 150mm + hubs... Except that needing a chainline-adjusting spider is exactly the same problem for the end user.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby EoinC on Fri 20/Mar/15 10:04am

scatter wrote:Warp for max Darth Vader effect!

What events are you wanting it for, Scatter? Our mob usually use Casco Warp's for Sprint / Keirin, and Kask Bambino Aero's for TT / TS.
The Velodrome Shop for Casco's http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php? ... ct&id=1330
EoinC
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby Conners on Fri 20/Mar/15 10:12am

Wobbler wrote:The obvious axle solution is to add an 11/16 for hashtagenduro

bonus points for being in freedom units

:lol:
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby scatter on Fri 20/Mar/15 10:19am

EoinC wrote:
scatter wrote:Warp for max Darth Vader effect!

What events are you wanting it for, Scatter? Our mob usually use Casco Warp's for Sprint / Keirin, and Kask Bambino Aero's for TT / TS.
The Velodrome Shop for Casco's http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php? ... ct&id=1330

I ended up with a Kask Bambino. Wore it for 500TT, IP and TS. Just wore my Bell Gage for the Keirin and Scratch race

I was going to bring in a Casco from Velodrome Shop but given it was 10 days out from Nats, I couldn't risk Customs hanging on to it (cos you know that they would have!).

P.S. I came home with a shiny silver in the TS :) 4th in the 500TT, nowhere in the IP (I only do for shits and giggles), 5th in the scratch and I didn't qualify for the Keirin final (still smarts, even 6 days later). I'm looking forward to next year :cool:
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 17 years 1 month

Postby EoinC on Sat 21/Mar/15 4:04pm

Great effort,Scatter! It's good to see quality results coming from a steep learning curve. Give yourself a virtual pat on the back for what you have achieved.
Although the Keirin tends to look like luck from the outside, aside from needing strength, power, and speed, it also needs good control on positioning, and good judgement on putting the stall on if you're holding the front. A touch of fearlessness doesn't go astray, too, so that there's no such thing as being boxed in.
Keep working at it Scatter, and analyse every race you enter or watch.
Congratulations on a successful campaign.
EoinC
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts