Bmx Sizing.....

Postby wuffy on Sun 21/Mar/10 9:54pm

I'm a tad under but pretty much 6 foot, and looking at getting a BMX, what size would I be wanting to get? I've got no idea right now, also would I want 20 or 24 inch? Note its a track BMX not freestyle or street.

Cheers, :)
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Bmx Sizing.....

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 21/Mar/10 9:58pm

either 20 or 24... depends on your bag. i'd be lookin at around a 22" toptube tho bro
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby Oli on Sun 21/Mar/10 10:08pm

Be very careful, Wuffy - almost everyone I've ever known with a BMX bike has had an arm or two amputated at some time or other! :crazy:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby dented on Sun 21/Mar/10 10:09pm

Get a little one. Crash your brains out.
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 21/Mar/10 10:17pm

Oli wrote:Be very careful, Wuffy - almost everyone I've ever known with a BMX bike has had an arm or two amputated at some time or other! :crazy:

it's true, just aks the vorbettes, they all ride bmx's and only have 7 arms between them
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby wuffy on Sun 21/Mar/10 10:45pm

Don't worry...

I've got 6 :cool:
wuffy

Postby Spokes on Mon 22/Mar/10 7:16am

20" is more fun but 24" is easier to ride. For you a standard race cruiser will be fine or a 21 to 21.5" TT 20"bike. Dont go to long as they become hard to ride.

24" is easier to learn on but I feel that the 20" does most things better on tracks. My race times are the same on both bikes.

I also have one of each for sale. ;)
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby JohnnyC on Mon 22/Mar/10 7:47am

Yup between 21 and 21.5" will be sweet, if you plan on racing, go 20" wheels as its a bigger class so you actually have some competition. Otherwise 24" is easier to get used to if you're changing between MTB and BMX a lot.
JohnnyC
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Spokes on Mon 22/Mar/10 6:10pm

JohnnyC wrote:Yup between 21 and 21.5" will be sweet, if you plan on racing, go 20" wheels as its a bigger class so you actually have some competition. Otherwise 24" is easier to get used to if you're changing between MTB and BMX a lot.

I would actually say that if you are over 30 the super cruiser class is the one to be in.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby wuffy on Mon 22/Mar/10 6:13pm

Spokes wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:Yup between 21 and 21.5" will be sweet, if you plan on racing, go 20" wheels as its a bigger class so you actually have some competition. Otherwise 24" is easier to get used to if you're changing between MTB and BMX a lot.

I would actually say that if you are over 30 the super cruiser class is the one to be in.

I'm 17 :thumbsup:
wuffy

Postby shmoodiver on Mon 22/Mar/10 6:42pm

im not
shmoodiver

Postby wuffy on Mon 22/Mar/10 6:58pm

:hmmm:
wuffy

Postby Bulletproofpenguin on Fri 26/Mar/10 11:34pm

im a bit under 6ft and run 21.25 tt and 20 inch wheels feel sweet - dunno about racing sizes though as i only ride freestyle i imagine its fairly similar though :huh:
Bulletproofpenguin
"One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor."
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Fri 26/Mar/10 11:36pm

Don't worry he's probably not allowed one anymore
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 3 months

BMX Racing | BMX Riding | Cycling - Latest Posts