Ultra Distance Anyone?

Postby teamnz on Wed 3/Mar/10 11:15am

Am considering Sunrise to Sunset Ultra marathon in Mongolia later in the year, has anyone done this or know of anyone who has done this event? I have done several marathons, my longest distance has been 50kms. Would be really keen to train with others that are training for ultra distance. Does anyone know of a Auckland based group of UD runners?
teamnz
Member for: 7 years 10 months

Re: Ultra Distance Anyone?

Postby gibbo on Wed 3/Mar/10 1:05pm

A mate of mine did the MDS a few years back while he was based in the UK & is moving to Auckland in a couple of months. At the time there was a reasonable Kiwi contingent involved. I will ask if he has any group contacts.
gibbo
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby PhilterNZ on Fri 5/Mar/10 9:24pm

you could maybe try the Y ? A friend of mine did a lot of marathon training with them, but not sure if they have an ultra group.

my daughters boss has done a lot of ultras but he is a solitary trainer, could be a typical trait .
PhilterNZ
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby Zoom on Fri 5/Mar/10 10:24pm

Zoom
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby gibbo on Mon 8/Mar/10 1:09pm

PhilterNZ wrote:...my daughters boss has done a lot of ultras but he is a solitary trainer, could be a typical trait .

Yep - thats the feedbak I got. There are a few coaches up there though. Let me know if you want some coaching contacts.
gibbo
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby nzmatto on Mon 8/Mar/10 1:25pm

If you twitter follow this guy @epicbillbradley alternativley http://www.billbradley.org/
Ultra runner, ultra cyclist, ultra swimmer. Was attempting the Ultra Tri last year (Race Across America, Death Valley Ultra Marathon & Swimming the English Channel) but came up short on the swim. The guy must have a screw loose, but is great for motivation.

Edit - just looked at his site again......WTF?!?!? Deca IronMan?!?!?

Future Epic Race Goals

1. The RAAM solo in 12 days

2. Climb Mt. McKinley

3. Swim the English Channel

4. The Deca Ironman (10 Ironmans in 10 days)

5. The Iditirod Dog sled race in Alaska

6. Climb Mt. Everest

+ Any other endurance sport that encompasses my two talents - showing up and suffering!!!
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby harryescott on Thu 11/Mar/10 9:26pm

Hi
I did it 2008, if you want any advice I can help, check out my vid on youtube harryescott. sorry about the jokes but It helps to keep the pain away . Im in Christchurch if yo uwant a coffee and chat.

[url]boxerfit.co.nz[/url]
harryescott
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Marathons | Running - Latest Posts