Busted Jumps

Postby Get StukD on Thu 11/Feb/10 4:59pm

We have had all our jumps on pigeon run in Rotorua busted by a member of the rmtbc so I just thought I should let people know what actually happened. It all started the end of last summer when some good jumps got the lips busted off them. They were all about 6 meters in size. Three weeks later no-one had done anything so we fixed them up so we could continue to ride them. Then we adopted the trail and built new jump ranging from 6 - 10 meters in size. About a month ago the rmtbc busted the new ones cause they were dangerous and recently the jumps had been busted by vandals. Anyway we half fixed them but we are sick of rebuilding the (now to easy) jumps when the people complaining wont give us a hand so we have given up.

Yes Pigeon Run is screwed but if you want to fix them and make them rideable comment and we will leave the tools out.

Alot of people liked our work but clearly the vandals did not.
Get StukD
"Subscribe to our YouTube Channel :D http://www.youtube.com/GetStukd"
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Re: Busted Jumps

Postby Kyle on Thu 11/Feb/10 5:27pm

Who built the jumps originally?
Who owns the land?
Who manages it?

No amount of bold text will make anyone care unless you actually stump up the facts.
Kyle
"Rated R for pervasive extreme drug use and related bizarre behavior, strong language, and brief nudity"
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby RussS on Thu 11/Feb/10 5:29pm

Did you have permission to build the jumps?
RussS
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby MattV on Thu 11/Feb/10 5:31pm

Kyle wrote:Who built the jumps originally?
Who owns the land?
Who manages it?

No amount of bold text will make anyone care unless you actually stump up the facts.

:withstupid:
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Get StukD on Thu 11/Feb/10 5:39pm

All Im saying is I dont care about the new ones but vandals keep wreking the ones we are alowd to maintain.
Get StukD
"Subscribe to our YouTube Channel :D http://www.youtube.com/GetStukd"
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby Transition_Blindside on Sat 15/May/10 3:50pm

Did anyone ajust the lip of the second jump with the toilet sign? Because i did it got the back wheel kicked up faceplanted over the end of the landing and broke my eye socket a couple of months back.
Transition_Blindside
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Postby GloryDH0 on Sat 15/May/10 8:50pm

Transition_Blindside wrote:Did anyone ajust the lip of the second jump with the toilet sign? Because i did it got the back wheel kicked up faceplanted over the end of the landing and broke my eye socket a couple of months back.

:blink: ow!
GloryDH0
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 15/May/10 8:52pm

Get StukD wrote:All Im saying is I dont care about the new ones but vandals keep wreking the ones we are alowd to maintain.

Wow, I thought my spelling was bad. :eh:
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby rhysic on Sun 16/May/10 9:00pm

I'm the guy that removed the said jumps that were deemed dangerous. This was done under instructions from RDC & Timberlands. We as users of Whaka forest need to respect the rules that apply to all of us, it's not our land!
We need to abide by their rules for mountain biking to continue within the forest.
I'm gutted that people have been hurt as a result of jumps & structures that have been built incorrectly & illegally. This must stop.
Rhys Cleverley trail maintenance guy RMTB.
rhysic
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 16/May/10 9:02pm

told
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Spokes on Sun 16/May/10 9:26pm

rhysic wrote:I'm the guy that removed the said jumps that were deemed dangerous. This was done under instructions from RDC & Timberlands. We as users of Whaka forest need to respect the rules that apply to all of us, it's not our land!
We need to abide by their rules for mountain biking to continue within the forest.
I'm gutted that people have been hurt as a result of jumps & structures that have been built incorrectly & illegally. This must stop.
Rhys Cleverley trail maintenance guy RMTB.

Fair call.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby heathen on Mon 24/May/10 9:59pm

when i seen that line i thought it looked a bit ghetto but there were a few locals who were hitting it all cleanly and with nice styles.always the risk you take hitting the bigger stuff that you might get skooled..
heathen
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Conditions | Cycling | Dirt Jumping (MTB) | Downhill Racing | Freeriding (MTB) | Mountain Biking | Public Notices | Trail Building | Trail Conditions | Trail Riding - Latest Posts