Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby dented on Wed 4/Sep/13 2:22pm

michael wrote:
Wobbler wrote:Can you point out how many crashes in NZ have been caused by hot rods running blowers sticking out of their bonnets?


Similar number to those caused by excessive camber :thumbsup:

quote your source, if you please
dented
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby Wobbler on Wed 4/Sep/13 2:46pm

its simple

crashes are caused by dick heads and morons

people who like hella flush stance camber etc are dickheads and morons

therefore people who like hela flush stance camber etc cause crashes
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 4/Sep/13 4:03pm

and BAM, angryness
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby ryda on Wed 4/Sep/13 4:12pm

shmoodiver wrote:and BAM, angryness

Somebody is just grumpy cos he doesn't have some of those flexi Shimano axles on his tricycle so he cant get it to "Hellafail" waaaaaaaaaah :p
ryda
User avatar
"WTF"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby thelivo on Wed 4/Sep/13 5:21pm

shmoodiver wrote:and BAM, angryness


yep - at that point I decided he had nothing of any use/interest to say so he went on my very short list of people who get this.

banhammer.png


Sweet. I love this feature. :)
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby foremannz on Wed 4/Sep/13 6:19pm

There is a vast difference between obstructed view and running your tires at an angle that they are not designed for - with a blower on the bonnet, you generally know where your blindspot is, and can work around it, but with your crazy camber, you are putting pressure on your hub, axles and tire at an angle the were never designed for, greatly increasing the chance of high speed mechanical failure, most likely resulting in a fatality ...
foremannz
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby dented on Wed 4/Sep/13 6:54pm

Forget the safety factor, concentrate on the coolness factor, bitchez
ed's malibu.jpg
dented
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby michael on Wed 4/Sep/13 7:03pm

foremannz wrote:There is a vast difference between obstructed view and running your tires at an angle that they are not designed for - with a blower on the bonnet, you generally know where your blindspot is, and can work around it, but with your crazy camber, you are putting pressure on your hub, axles and tire at an angle the were never designed for, greatly increasing the chance of high speed mechanical failure, most likely resulting in a fatality ...


Thankfully this is no longer happens 13 times a day due to the rule change :thumbsup:

And that car that dented posted is a very good example of a safe car with every part operating as was intended from the factory.
michael
Member for: 18 years 9 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby Oli on Wed 4/Sep/13 7:58pm

thelivo wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:and BAM, angryness


yep - at that point I decided he had nothing of any use/interest to say so he went on my very short list of people who get this.

banhammer.png


Sweet. I love this feature. :)
I love how the internet works - speaking as someone who knows and likes you both I reckon if you guys met IRL you'd probably get on really well! :D
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby wachtourak on Wed 4/Sep/13 8:20pm

michael wrote:
foremannz wrote:There is a vast difference between obstructed view and running your tires at an angle that they are not designed for - with a blower on the bonnet, you generally know where your blindspot is, and can work around it, but with your crazy camber, you are putting pressure on your hub, axles and tire at an angle the were never designed for, greatly increasing the chance of high speed mechanical failure, most likely resulting in a fatality ...


Thankfully this is no longer happens 13 times a day due to the rule change :thumbsup:

And that car that dented posted is a very good example of a safe car with every part operating as was intended from the factory.


It's also an example of a car that isn't driven on the road.
wachtourak
User avatar
"IMDABES"
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby dented on Wed 4/Sep/13 8:32pm

wachtourak wrote:
michael wrote:
foremannz wrote:There is a vast difference between obstructed view and running your tires at an angle that they are not designed for - with a blower on the bonnet, you generally know where your blindspot is, and can work around it, but with your crazy camber, you are putting pressure on your hub, axles and tire at an angle the were never designed for, greatly increasing the chance of high speed mechanical failure, most likely resulting in a fatality ...


Thankfully this is no longer happens 13 times a day due to the rule change :thumbsup:

And that car that dented posted is a very good example of a safe car with every part operating as was intended from the factory.


It's also an example of a car that isn't driven on the road.

Au Contraire. 100% legal and driven on the road.
Although I can see why you might think that. The constabulary have the same problem.
eddies new car.jpg
dented
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby gumby on Wed 4/Sep/13 9:01pm

It's not a 'proper' gasser because it's got front brakes :cry:
gumby
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby gumby on Wed 4/Sep/13 9:05pm

happybaboon wrote:
They should bring back monkey NASCAR co-drivers.


Yes and other critters too and they should distill their own fuel and drink copious quantities of it at pit stops.
gumby
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby michael on Wed 4/Sep/13 11:11pm

Image

Could have seen this a mile off, and weight distribution only 3% further forward apparently.
michael
Member for: 18 years 9 months

Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby bugle on Thu 5/Sep/13 9:21am

I can never figure out if this is cool cause it's extra horses or an affront that someone has removed the boxer. I'm leaning to the latter as Mr Crawford has shown us 450HP from a turbo FA20 isn't that hard

Might only be 3% forward but what has it done height/center of gravity?
bugle
User avatar
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 18 years 10 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

91 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 89 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles