Joplin 4 Has Arrived!

Postby Simpleone on Sat 30/Jan/10 2:00pm

Just in the door this morning the new Joplin 4 Post.  Looks better made than the old model and has 2 guide key ways (we checked!) feels a lot less sloppy.  Price $460.00 gold and black. 30.9 and 31.6Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Link to original article: http://basicbikes.wordpress.com/2010/01 ... s-arrived/
Sourced from RSS Feed: http://basicbikes.wordpress.com/feed/
Original Published: 1:58pm Saturday, 30th January 2010 - NZST
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Joplin 4 Has Arrived!

Postby SlackBoy on Sat 30/Jan/10 9:03pm

hopefully they won't crap out as quick as the older ones
SlackBoy
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Simpleone on Sun 31/Jan/10 11:12am

I took one apart straight away and its a lot better than the previous one, there is no slop at all. TO be fair though the earlier ones work well as long as they get serviced similar to a fork.
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 31/Jan/10 11:29am

I will watch with interest to see how they go in the market place
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby dented on Sun 31/Jan/10 2:33pm

Time to get one now I reckon.
dented
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby phunk on Sun 31/Jan/10 2:33pm

Simpleone wrote:I took one apart straight away and its a lot better than the previous one, there is no slop at all. TO be fair though the earlier ones work well as long as they get serviced similar to a fork.

They work even better once you get the swarf cleaned out...
phunk
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Simpleone on Sun 31/Jan/10 2:37pm

phunk wrote:
Simpleone wrote:I took one apart straight away and its a lot better than the previous one, there is no slop at all. TO be fair though the earlier ones work well as long as they get serviced similar to a fork.

They work even better once you get the swarf cleaned out...

Never seen swarf in any of them, seen loose parts, faulty seals, nothing that can't be easily sorted.
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"

Postby thelongwalk on Sun 31/Jan/10 3:06pm

Oh, good, I just brought one of the old ones, with hydraulic. Didn't know there was problems. So do I just ask them to "service it" when I get the rest of me bike done? Also I'm not light -94 kg- how do they usually fail?
thelongwalk
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby phunk on Sun 31/Jan/10 4:36pm

thelongwalk wrote:Oh, good, I just brought one of the old ones, with hydraulic. Didn't know there was problems. So do I just ask them to "service it" when I get the rest of me bike done? Also I'm not light -94 kg- how do they usually fail?

They are really easy to take apart (unless you want to get into the valve and get metal shavings out - but i digress) and the main issue is that they sometimes come with the 'key' not quite done up (the bit that sticks out and guides the post) you can get a torx wrench and tighten it up. Only bother if the post feels sloppy side to side.
phunk
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Simpleone on Mon 1/Feb/10 8:23am

Phunk wrote:They are really easy to take apart (unless you want to get into the valve and get metal shavings out - but i digress) and the main issue is that they sometimes come with the 'key' not quite done up (the bit that sticks out and guides the post) you can get a torx wrench and tighten it up. Only bother if the post feels sloppy side to side.

We have the tools to take the valve out still never seen swarf in there though. :huh:
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"

Basic Bikes Blog | Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions | Vogs - Latest Posts