Vulcaniser Riding Session - Saturday 27 March

Postby XCguy on Tue 19/Jan/10 9:28pm

EDIT: Race was cancelled but we are now having a riding session on 27th March - see posts further on in this thread for details

It's that time again! :)

Vulcaniser multi-lap cross country event in North Canterbury, Saturday 13 March 2010

Sweet purpose built race course through coastal native bush.

All the details can be found at http://www.singletrack.org.nz/events/vulcaniser/

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by XCguy on Tue 23/Mar/10 12:30pm, edited 3 times in total.
XCguy
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Re: Vulcaniser (sweet Race!) Saturday 13 March 2010

Postby inzane on Tue 19/Jan/10 9:56pm

The "Sponsors name here" Vulcaniser as long as we can find a naming rights sponsor before the race!! :thumbsup:
inzane
"Ride better, ride faster"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby XCwife on Thu 18/Feb/10 9:43pm

The categories are a bit different this year. No matter how old or young you are, you can just enter the level you want to race at - Mini Sport (2 laps) and Sport (3 laps) are racing in the morning, and Super Sport (4 laps) and Elite (5 laps) are racing in the afternoon.

This should minimise congestion on the track.

The form is ready to go - see http://www.singletrack.org.nz/events/vulcaniser/ to enter. You will see that there is also an option to register your details but pay on the day, This is for people who like to decide on the day if they are going to enter an event, but without the hassle for us of having to process entries on the day.

It's also a good time to join the Singletrack club with members getting a $5 discount of the pre-entry price. And remember, all proceeds will be going back in to mountainbiking in some shape or form.
XCwife
"sunny side up"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby XCguy on Fri 19/Feb/10 8:59pm

I've entered :thumbsup:

Super Sport, here we come :)

Now I just need enough helpers to allow me to take off a couple of hours in the afternoon to race :paranoid:
XCguy

Postby RHR_Rob on Fri 19/Feb/10 9:08pm

Shouldnt that be 'super soft' Craig? after your crushing victory last weekend 5 laps would be a warmup........ me - if its as hot as last year i think 2 will be ample.
RHR_Rob
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby RHR_Rob on Fri 19/Feb/10 9:15pm

How about a catagory where you just do as many laps as you want (up to 5) then when you have had enough tell the finish person what catagory to put you in?
that way Craig when you have totally blown you can downgrade yourself to the 3 lap race at the finish instead of a DNF
RHR_Rob

Postby danose on Sat 20/Feb/10 4:11pm

XCguy wrote:Super Sport, here we come :)

oh goody :( maybe I can play the old age card and downgrade to the 3 lapper in the morning :D
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby wuffy on Sat 20/Feb/10 4:46pm

I'm able to ride again in 4 weeks, and curious (as i've got out of shape while casted), are there many climbs?
wuffy
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Slim on Sat 20/Feb/10 4:59pm

wuffy wrote:I'm able to ride again in 4 weeks, and curious (as i've got out of shape while casted), are there many climbs?

Nah, just a couple of nice single track climbs per lap.........
Slim
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby wuffy on Sat 20/Feb/10 5:33pm

Slim wrote:
wuffy wrote:I'm able to ride again in 4 weeks, and curious (as i've got out of shape while casted), are there many climbs?

Nah, just a couple of nice single track climbs per lap.........

Very steep?
wuffy
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Slim on Sat 20/Feb/10 5:43pm

not exceptionally steep, but they are challenging. Very similar style trail to living springs. You will know when you have riden a couple of laps if you haven't been out riding much. I do highly recomend it as a course.

There is short grass climb that is pretty steep, I normally traverse a bit rather than straight up like the racer boys.
Slim
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Mals on Sat 20/Feb/10 9:39pm

Even I managed to do a couple of laps last time I was out there however I'm not so much out of shape, just round..... :paranoid:

Awesome track. Get out there if you can.
Mals
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby XCguy on Tue 23/Feb/10 3:38pm

Just a reminder that the online entryform for the Vulcaniser is waiting for you right here... http://www.singletrack.org.nz/events/vulcaniser/ :)

You will see that there is also an option to register your details but pay on the day, This is for people who like to decide on the day if they are going to enter an event, but without the hassle for us of having to process entries on the day.

It's also a good time to join the Christchurch Singletrack Club (http://www.singletrack.org.nz) with members getting a $5 discount (half your membership fee!) off the pre-entry price. And remember, all proceeds will be going back in to mountainbiking in some shape or form. Being a member will also allow you to compete in the Club Champs XC race on 1st May at Living Springs as well as any short track racing we have before the end of the financial year.

Reports from the team that went up to the Vulcaniser course last weekend is that the course is in great shape :thumbsup:

And don't forget, this year YOU get to choose how many laps you do, with 2, 3, 4 and 5 lap options, irrespective of your age. SUPER :)
XCguy

Postby RHR_Rob on Tue 23/Feb/10 6:31pm

always felt a bit short changed when i had to pay the same to do one lap less just cos i am too old.
RHR_Rob

Postby XCguy on Tue 23/Feb/10 6:39pm

RHR_Rob wrote:always felt a bit short changed when i had to pay the same to do one lap less just cos i am too old.

So I guess then you'll be doing 5 laps this year to get your money's worth and make up for all those other years :sly:
XCguy

Canterbury | Christchurch | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Events | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | North Canterbury | Regions - Latest Posts