Whistler Vs. Morzine

Postby Biker4Life on Mon 14/Dec/09 7:08pm

Hey,

I am considering travel options for next year and have decided it will be one of these two.

Needing some advice from people who have been to either or both of these places.

I mostly ride downhill but do a bit of dj and trail riding.

Am looking to do a few races while over seas.

Wanting to know what people think of the riding, atmosphere and what they think of each place.

Also what are the availability of getting jobs like in each place?

For whistler I have been advised to stay in north Vancouver and just travel to the park each day.

Thanks,

Adrian
Biker4Life
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Whistler Vs. Morzine

Postby dienamics on Mon 14/Dec/09 7:32pm

you would have more luck finding a job in the alps at the moment. Event wise there is Mega avalanche, not sure about any others but there is bound to be stuff on all the time during the summer season.

Ive never been to Wistler but I knew a guy who was frame building over there and he rekons its pretty sick.
dienamics
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby jamieinauckland on Mon 14/Dec/09 8:09pm

Not been to Canada

But Europe would win for me everytime. you get bored and drive two hours on your day off for a swim in the med. Trails everywhere and europen resorts are huge, We're talking upto 200km of riding/boarding from each lift pass
jamieinauckland
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby slimdog on Tue 15/Dec/09 6:42am

I wouldn't recommend commuting from N. Van. to Whis every day. I would decide where you want to ride and stay as close to it as possible. Depending on what kind of job you are looking for you may have more luck in N Van. If you are looking for just a tourist job in the biking industry you should have no problem finding a job where ever. Personally I love Squamish and Pemberton much better but there are very few jobs there.
slimdog
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby valid! on Fri 18/Dec/09 5:31pm

ive only been to whistler and it was super mean!

you got lift access to over 50 trails of different levels so you never get tired of riding there.

getting work and acco for whistler/blackcomb was pretty easy. tho the earlier you get there the better!

plus you are not far away from either squamish or pemberton. never did those trails but have only heard sick things about them!
im goin bak in may for sure and i cant wait!

however, morzine is on my cards in the future as well
valid!
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Canada | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Europe | Mountain Biking | North America | Regions | Sifting - Latest Posts