Auckland 1 Hour Champs Nite Series!

Postby Chickenman on Thu 12/Nov/09 8:01pm

Here's an email that was sent out from Megan Dimozantos earlier in the week, so I have cut and pasted it here, and attached the flyer.

We'd love it if you could come along and ride, or even help out. PM me, or post here and I'll answer any queries

Megan Dimozantos wrote:Hey All!

Well, it’s been a quiet couple of months for me, plotting and scheming my next year’s worth of racing, and it’s shaping up to be a big one! There’s some awesome local races. Of course, the NDuro Summer series, 24 Hours of NDuro and a few others along the way, then some overseas racing again… 24 Hours of Adrenalin World Solo Championships, 100km Night Marathon in Singapore and a couple of stage races in Australia and the UK. Phew!!! A lot of work to go into training before then!

So, here we have, attached, my first fundraiser for the season. It’s going to be awesome!.. The “Auckland 1 Hour Champs”… A little bit like a mini 24 hour race. The race format is a small 2-3km loop which you ride as many times as you can in 1 hour. The great thing about it is that you are never far from home and every rider (no matter how cruisy or fast) is a finisher as long as you have at least one complete lap. What a fantastic way to start the week!

Our first night is Monday 16th November at Riverhead Forest and the series will run for 5 weeks. There will be spot prizes every Monday night, as well as series placegetter prizes for both Male and Female riders. We will also have a special prize for the rider with the best costume at our final race (but more details on that to come closer to then!)

We also have the brand new “Young Rider of the Series”. This prestigious title will be earned by a young rider 18 years or under. It isn’t necessarily the fastest rider or the person who wins each week… The Young Rider of the Series will be awarded based on criteria such as completing the most races, turns up with a good attitude and improving the most over the course of the series. Exciting huh???

Massive thanks goes out to series sponsors who are supplying some great prizes (you can click on the logo to visit their website)…

http://www.bike75.com

http://www.gofastsports.co.nz

http://www.n-duro.co.nz

http://www.spokemagzine.co.nz

I’m very appreciative of the support of these sponsors. It’s the same sponsors that chip in time and time again, and they add such great value to any race for you guys as riders, so please show them your support.

Please see the attached PDF for all the finer details of start times, place and entry fee (take note, there is a discount for those of you who enter all 5 races at the start of the series). Please be aware that being the rugged, grass roots event that I love to run, we won’t have any EFTPOS facilities on site, so please bring cash for your entry fee and also to purchase your can of Go Fast at a great rate!

As you know, I really enjoy seeing you guys have a great time at my races, so if you have any suggestions, please feel free to email me. I also need a li’l bit of help for course marshalls each week and also with putting tape out for the course before the race (it’s not a big job). If you are able to help out or know someone who can, please also email me. Volunteers get a free can of Go Fast.

See you there! I can’t wait!
Megan
Chickenman
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Auckland 1 Hour Champs Nite Series!

Postby phunk on Thu 12/Nov/09 8:08pm

Poo. Am away next Monday. Same place every week or different?
phunk
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Chickenman on Thu 12/Nov/09 8:11pm

phunk wrote:Poo. Am away next Monday. Same place every week or different?

Yeah same place. It'll start from the Picnic area (Motorcycle club rooms?).

We may change the course yet every week to liven things up. But the start venue will be the same. It should be fun. Hopefully I get to ride a couple.
Chickenman

Postby Chickenman on Mon 16/Nov/09 8:31am

Remember the series starts tonight. Rego from 6, race start at 6:30.

Come along and support a good cause!
Chickenman

Postby wgtngrl on Mon 16/Nov/09 8:36am

I love it - it's like a 24hr put through a hot cycle and come out shrunk :D

Good luck with the fund raising Megan.
wgtngrl
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Chickenman on Mon 16/Nov/09 9:02am

wgtngrl wrote:I love it - it's like a 24hr put through a hot cycle then put through the clothes drier and come out shrunk :D

Good luck with the fund raising Megan.

Fixxored :D
Chickenman

Postby wgtngrl on Mon 16/Nov/09 9:26am

Haha - I was gonna say the drier bit too... hey, it's Monday morning - you know what I meant! Anyway, my mum does my washing :D
wgtngrl
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Chickenman on Sun 22/Nov/09 9:54pm

Hi all,

Just a reminder about the race tomorrow evening. Megan has come up with a new course so should hopefully have much less mud!

Rego is from 6 pm, and race start is at 6:45.

So come along and help out a good cause.

Directions here from Westgate.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... =UTF8&z=12
Chickenman

Postby Chickenman on Mon 23/Nov/09 12:43pm

Bump for a good cause :)
Chickenman

Postby Chickenman on Sun 29/Nov/09 10:00pm

Well tomorrow is another Monday, so get you kit together and come on out for another fun evening in the forest :)

It's looking like Megan will be using the same course, just maybe in reverse.

See you tomorrow!
Chickenman

Postby james on Tue 1/Dec/09 9:28am

great format, heaps of fun :thumbsup:
james
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Chickenman on Tue 1/Dec/09 10:19am

Cheers for coming out!

Good riding all round, hopefully we get some more over the next couple of weeks.
Chickenman

Postby Chickenman on Sun 6/Dec/09 7:55pm

It's now Sunday, that means tomorrow is Monday. That means more of the 1 hour race series.

So we are (Megan is) using the same course as the last two weeks, with a slight change to get rid of the one last bog.

Look here for my Garmin Data from last Monday.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/20059339

For a full transcript of the updates from the previous races please check Megan's Blogspot: http://megandimozantos.blogspot.com/
Chickenman

Postby Chickenman on Sun 13/Dec/09 11:46pm

All right, this is it! The final race is here. And to top it off the top 4 mens places are up for grabs. Kurt or Tom could win, then for third Andy, Fish or myself are in the running.

In the womens category, there's only 1 point seperating the first 2 places!

So come along for the final race and join in for a good cause.

Rego from 6, race start at 6:45.
Chickenman

Auckland Region | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Night Riding | Regions | Riverhead Forest | Upper North Island | Waitakere City - Latest Posts