Ideas For Annoying The Bogan Neighbours

Postby Drwho on Wed 30/Sep/09 12:30pm

So, 1 house on our street is home to a bunch of inconsiderate car enthusiasts. Much of the time they are fine, even though you can hear their noisy cars coming and going from a couple of blocks away.

However, come the weekend (actually Thu, Fri, Sat night) and say goodbye to a sound nights sleep. By Midnight there is usually a car or two that will have done a couple of burn outs as their friends come and go. Get on for about 1 or 2 am and there is usually lots of drunken yelling and arguments out on the street and the car enthusiasts are doing a few laps for fun, usually with burnouts and excessive speed along the way. We have heard cars lose control and smack into something about 3 times in the last month.

We have recently started calling the police when we hear burnouts and them racing down the street. The police are usually too busy (higher priority stuff going on) to send a car, but at least we are starting a record of complaints about it in the police system. It might be that if there are enough complaints logged that when the police have quieter times they might send a patrol car down our street occasionally.

We are asking the council for road changes to be made (speed humps, chicanes etc), and while this might be a possibility, and is likely to discourage them from doing laps it will take at least a year to start to happen.

Have talked to the people in the house and they are of the opinion that they are doing no wrong and are not about to stop doing things the way they currently do.

After a number of nights laying in bed getting pissed off about being kept awake, I have started to think about things to do that might in turn start to annoy them. You know, like the old classics of dog poo smeared on door handles on their cars, or expanding foam in their exhausts etc. I am obviously not very creative when I am pissed off and awake at 2am as I have not had any really brilliant ideas, so I was wondering if you lot had other silly little stuff that would piss them off?? I dont want to be breaking the law, or endangering people by my actions, but I would enjoy playing some pranks on them. :D

In the mean time we will be busy sound proofing our bedroom so we can hopefully get some :sleeping:
Drwho
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Re: Ideas For Annoying The Bogan Neighbours

Postby nagem on Wed 30/Sep/09 12:41pm

just get some earplugs.
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby Drwho on Wed 30/Sep/09 12:55pm

nagem wrote:just get some earplugs.

Thanks. Ear plugs help, but people doing burnouts outside my bedroom window still wake me up if I have earplugs in.

Better idea is to spend every weekend away somewhere biking or tramping :) Ahhh the peace and quiet of possums snarling in the night while I am away camping :sleeping:
Drwho

Postby NickCW on Wed 30/Sep/09 1:26pm

If you're feeling particularly rough you could purchase yourself one of these and remove the valve cores from their tyres, making sure to place them in a nearby drain

But if they caught you in the act neighborly relations could suffer
NickCW
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Wed 30/Sep/09 1:32pm

Potatoes in the exhaust pipes,
Or how about doing the lawns at 7am in the morning after the neighbours have had an all night bender. :sly:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby happybaboon on Wed 30/Sep/09 1:35pm

Yeah wait for them to quiet down and go to bed and then mow the lawn, blow leaves, trim hedges, run petrol generators etc all day long. Make sure you poke holes in the mufflers of all your petrol engines though.

Also if they're bogans they're also likely to be homophobic racist rednecks, so have loads of very loud interracial gay liasions. Or if that's not your cup of tea then make noises to that effect.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Drwho on Wed 30/Sep/09 2:14pm

:lol:

They live about 10 houses down the street (if they were right next door we probably would have moved already) and I only own a push mower :D

Not a 2-stroke engine to be found anywhere in the shed either :blush:

I think I would have to be trying pretty hard to be able to wake them up from our place with a push mower :lol:
Drwho

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Wed 30/Sep/09 2:16pm

Gas them to death.
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby philstar on Wed 30/Sep/09 2:22pm

Trebuchet and water balloons, to the roof of there house every 10 min, or better than water balloons is a bunch of ice cubes :)
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby brutalfreeride on Wed 30/Sep/09 2:45pm

When I lived in the Mount we had the problem of people doing upwards of 120kmh down the street we lived in, the guy that lived below us stood on the footpath with a shopping trolley then pushed it out in front of one of them when they went past, you wreck one car and it quiets down pretty quick. If thats not your style, throw mussel shells on their roof if they have a longrun roof, birds with shells make heaps of noise :lol: :lol: holy shit im a wanker
brutalfreeride
"www.kenfeistcx.com"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby Mel on Wed 30/Sep/09 2:59pm

Playing pranks on them, or getting them back, will only result in them retaliating more... more parties, burnouts, laps. Not the outcome you'd be after, surely?

There was a programme on TV a while back about boy racers, where a resident in the street befriended them, waved out to them as they drove past, said "hello, how's your day going?", he learnt their names and got to know them. The boy racers said they then felt uncomfortable hooning their cars in their street because they knew their neighbours personally.... so they went and hooned elsewhere.

Or you could set up a surveillance camera and record their number plates, work out their speeds etc. and send it to the police like that other dude on the news recently. :D

Either way, good luck. Hope you get some sleep soon.
Mel
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Wed 30/Sep/09 3:04pm

Mel wrote:Playing pranks on them, or getting them back, will only result in them retaliating more... more parties, burnouts, laps. Not the outcome you'd be after, surely?

There was a programme on TV a while back about boy racers, where a resident in the street befriended them, waved out to them as they drove past, said "hello, how's your day going?", he learnt their names and got to know them. The boy racers said they then felt uncomfortable hooning their cars in their street because they knew their neighbours personally.... so they went and hooned elsewhere.

Or you could set up a surveillance camera and record their number plates, work out their speeds etc. and send it to the police like that other dude on the news recently. :D

Either way, good luck. Hope you get some sleep soon.

:withstupid: The voice of reason. :love:
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby Zoom on Wed 30/Sep/09 3:07pm

When I was younger (a lot younger) and living in South Auckland I put one of those "inorganic waste" deposit point signs on our annoying neighbours lawn..........very soon afterwards they had a lawn full of crap :lol:
Zoom
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Wed 30/Sep/09 3:12pm

:lol:

I mean, that's terrible. :paranoid:
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby philstar on Wed 30/Sep/09 3:12pm

Scaredy_Cat wrote: :withstupid: The voice of reason. :love:

he didn't ask for a solution to his neighbours being annoying, he wanted pranks to play on them. :love:

reason is irrelevant :)
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts