Need Info On 4x

Postby jonodh on Mon 28/Sep/09 6:38pm

hey i am looking at getting into 4x racing would like to know what gear and bike is needed and places to train and races stuff like that cheers
jonodh
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Re: Need Info On 4x

Postby latuff on Fri 25/Dec/09 7:35pm

i agree
latuff
"get loose get with it just pinn it"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby wuffy on Fri 25/Dec/09 11:10pm

jonodh wrote:hey i am looking at getting into 4x racing would like to know what gear and bike is needed and places to train and races stuff like that cheers

Nelson has the only purpose built 4x track in NZ I think. Maybe Roto but dunno. Hardtail 9speed light DJ bike, or 80-100mm full sus DJ bike. Yeti 4x, Kona Howler, Specialized SX, Spank Puff, bikes like them.
Last edited by wuffy on Fri 25/Dec/09 11:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby eyeball on Fri 25/Dec/09 11:22pm

wuffy wrote:
jonodh wrote:hey i am looking at getting into 4x racing would like to know what gear and bike is needed and places to train and races stuff like that cheers

Nelson has the only purpose built 4x track in NZ I think. Maybe Roto but dunno. Hardtail 9speed light DJ bike, or 80-100mm full sus DJ bike. Yeti 4x, Kona Howler, Specialized SX trail, Spank Puff, bikes like them.

Didn't welly have one? or has that gone? and you mean sx not sx trail the trail is a 6.75" freeride rig.
eyeball
"Whatcha wana do ya wana go hunt some moose"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby cmdr_keen on Fri 25/Dec/09 11:29pm

Welly track isn't an ideal race track for 4x as it is very tight with 4 riders. It is mint for training/having fun and racing dual slalom if its taped right. Getting a bit overgrown though haha.
cmdr_keen
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby wuffy on Fri 25/Dec/09 11:57pm

eyeball wrote:
wuffy wrote:

Nelson has the only purpose built 4x track in NZ I think. Maybe Roto but dunno. Hardtail 9speed light DJ bike, or 80-100mm full sus DJ bike. Yeti 4x, Kona Howler, Specialized SX trail, Spank Puff, bikes like them.

Didn't welly have one? or has that gone? and you mean sx not sx trail the trail is a 6.75" freeride rig.

Yeah, fixxored. I was going to get into it buy and got the bike etc.. then realised there's pretty much no 4x scene in NZ. So i'm selling the frame and getting a hardtai DJ.
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby latuff on Sat 26/Dec/09 8:42pm

duniden has a 4x and slope style track at the bottom of the dh track
latuff
"get loose get with it just pinn it"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

4X/ BSX Racing | AKDH - Auckland Downhill | Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts