Re: Videogames: What Are You Playing?

Postby Wobbler on Thu 28/Apr/16 5:20pm

sandboxier than gta5, there isnt a lot in the way of linear games these days
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 28/Apr/16 5:25pm

AgrAde wrote:Nope, much like gta. Plus if you're chiefly playing it for the main plot you'll find it very short and very shit.

Defo needed more epic boss battle against some sort of mutated monster and or giant dickbag to be a real fallout game
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby Scotty on Thu 28/Apr/16 5:56pm

Mafia 3 is looking Awesome for linear storyline. :)
Scotty
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 28/Apr/16 6:54pm

Mafia II was complete pooze so I'm not going to get my hopes up. I watched a "10 most amazing things in history ever times one million *jisssssm* ever ever!" video about Mafia III which boiled down to... New Orleans (sounds cool), unique main character (fair enough)............................ Open world game in which you perform tasks such as shooting guys and then obtaining things that the guys who were shooting you were protecting.

Personally I'd like a Scarface drug-empire building open world game (except good).
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 19 years 11 months

Postby Wobbler on Sat 30/Apr/16 9:02am

Next Battlefield game to be shown off/detailed next saturday 8 am our time get hypppppe

I'm hoping for WW2 or Vietnam or Korean War setting, no futuristic ribbits and lazers pls

http://www.battlefield.com/event

nothing on the page other than a countdown at the moment info wise
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby wachtourak on Sat 30/Apr/16 9:09am

GET HYPE

ww2/korean/vietnam or fuckofffffffffffffff
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 19 years 1 month

Postby dwgknz on Sat 30/Apr/16 10:04am

WW2 already done.

I agree Vietnam or GTFO

No zombies
dwgknz
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Postby Wobbler on Sat 30/Apr/16 10:32am

Bf series has also done vietnam err twice technically if you count the dlc they did? A ww2 battlefield game with the engine capabilities now would be great. Bf1942 has the most awesome collection of asymmetric maps with unique spawns and all sorts. I would love that style redone with the engine capabilities now. Battle of the bulge with a proper forest going on, Stalingrad with the destruction/map steaming from the later bf games. hnnnnnnnnnng

Would also like the player count upped to 128 but I dont see them ending up with a console/pc player count disparity again (and all the map issues it creates) and the current consoles wont do more than 64.

I'm also hoping they have battlerecorder back in again, would save a shit tonne of hard drive space.

no zombies for sure

Im still hoping someone does a modern shooter mechanics vs skelebros at some point. Could make it like 8 people with guns vs 56 odd skelebros who only have swords or some shit, like those tower defence/horde style with but humans controlling both.
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sat 30/Apr/16 10:42am

happybaboon wrote:Mafia II was complete pooze

Respectfully disagree, I really enjoyed it.
Quite linear for an openworld game.
Played more like an interactive film but the cutscenes don't interrupt every 5 mins and ruining the flow like Max Payne 3.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 19 years 5 months

Postby Wobbler on Sat 30/Apr/16 10:49am

bf series video transition thing from EA, that change when bf3 came out was a big old leap

https://streamable.com/5l1l
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby dwgknz on Sat 30/Apr/16 11:58am

What was the Vietnam one? Haven't kept track of them I've only played 1942 and bf3
dwgknz
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Postby Wobbler on Sat 30/Apr/16 12:18pm

Battlefield Vietnam :D was pretty rad, could blast music out vehicles and everyone would hear etc. Wailing out the side of a huey with "dont you want somebody to love" cranking was awesome

All the main battlefield games, there have been some other odd free to play and console only ones etc along the way

2002 - Battlefield 1942 - obvious setting
2004 - Battlefield Vietnam - self explanatory again
2005 - Battlefield 2 - modern setting
2006 - Battlefield 2142 - omg lasers and ribbits
2010 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 - modern less player shooter, less vehicles blah blah gets fapped over pretty hard by mongs
2011 - Battlefield 3 - modern
2013 - Battlefield 4 - 5 odd years after Bf3
2015 - Battlefield hardline - pos cops and robbers shitfest made by visceral instead of dice sweeden, not even sure I should put this on the list lol
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby Scotty on Mon 2/May/16 6:20am

SALT THE WOUND MOTHERFUCKER!

Anyone playing Battleborn?
Scotty
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby wachtourak on Mon 2/May/16 6:58am

I got into the closed beta but then never played it because it looked terrible/just flat out forgot. Never downloaded the open beta. Plus Gearbox can't even balance a singleplayer/cooperative shooter so I'd hardly see them being able to balance a multiplayer one.

Stoked for BL3 as long as they do away with the absurd scaling from BL2. Pre-sequel was a good balance but the story didn't grab me like 2's did.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 19 years 1 month

Postby Wobbler on Mon 2/May/16 7:48am

I downloaded the open beta and went to do the usual options menu fossik and saw there is an option for aim assist (and a specific one for controllers also) and noped the fuck out of there. The time to kill could be measured on a sundial in that game then it has aim assist also? Not my bag for sure

Bl2 scalling was mad derpy, bl1.5 was better scaling wise but still felt a bit off, needs to be somewhere between 1 and 1.5. After colonial marines I think randy is a big old lying sack of shit so any of his prerelease hype can eat my bum
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Sifting | Video Games - Latest Posts