Re: Mt Victoria 'downhill' Tracks

Postby fox on Tue 2/Nov/10 9:56pm

Sweet! you guys are doing an awesome job! Rode grom track today and its way more flowy. and faster. That hip jumps a bit tight but once you get used to it i imagine its good. Also rode the bottom bit of rock drop and that was good too. That rock drops a little easier than it looks lol.

danpsmith: Rock drop starts just opposite the wallride on the ridgeline track that runs parallel to the road. Its kinda tough to see so its easier to get someone to show you.
fox
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Jimi on Tue 2/Nov/10 9:59pm

There's a tree across the rock drop track about half way down so if you do ride it keep an eye open and expect to stop in a hurry. The Ranger will cut it out soon.
Jimi
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby speeding_ant on Tue 2/Nov/10 10:00pm

It's an old track, carefully hidden away. A log still obstructs flow in the middle, but still good fun. Just after chutes, or just after grom track entrance. Look up around there and, find it, you will.
speeding_ant
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby fox on Tue 2/Nov/10 10:13pm

Andy! Post up when your next working up there Ill be keen to help since I have holidays from next week wednesday till like march next year lol.
fox
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby speeding_ant on Tue 2/Nov/10 10:15pm

Sweet! I'll txt ya.
speeding_ant

Postby Hardy3 on Tue 2/Nov/10 10:23pm

Tracks are running sick at the moment!

Keep your eyes open for new developments on the track over the coming weeks :D
Hardy3
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby danpsmith on Tue 2/Nov/10 10:57pm

Is that the wallride thing near the summit? If so I think I know where you mean.

I'll be out tomorrow (Wed) arvo if anyone is keen to show me though
danpsmith
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby danpsmith on Tue 2/Nov/10 10:57pm

Is that the wallride thing near the summit? If so I think I know where you mean.

I'll be out tomorrow (Wed) arvo if anyone is keen to show me though
danpsmith

Postby speeding_ant on Wed 3/Nov/10 8:08am

It's probably not the one you're thinking of. Just after you come out onto the wide walking path, look around there.
speeding_ant

Postby Hardy3 on Wed 3/Nov/10 9:00am

Easiest way to find it is to go exploring. To find the rock drop track if you are on the field at the top of Majoribanks, look up and you can see the massive sender to flat where the swing is...look straight up from there and you will eventually get to the rock.

Will probably be up there this arvo doing a few runs of Grom and Damians
Hardy3

Postby Hardy3 on Thu 4/Nov/10 9:54am

Perfect evening for a bit of a dig last night, almost finished up the rock garden on Rock Drop (soon to be Rock Drops)

Also discovered a line that can take you from the top of the Rock Drop track through to Grom so we will open this up at some point, looking like we will have an epic network of trails only 2mins ride from the CBD :D
Before we started.JPG
Before we started
New rocks with beer bong.JPG
We found a beer bong in the bush! Almost tempted to name the track Beer Bong
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER] [CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
Really hard to get an idea of how it looks with this video, super sweet to ride
Viewed 1086 times -
Hardy3

Postby danpsmith on Fri 5/Nov/10 3:46pm

Found it today. Rather sweet little track.
I also spotted a few more rocks that fairly nearby that could be added to the rock garden section, I'll head back up next week dump them along side so you can put them in place next time you're up there with tools.
danpsmith

Postby speeding_ant on Fri 5/Nov/10 5:38pm

That'd be awesome. We spent an hour trying to get the first kicker down the hill :D
speeding_ant

Postby Jimi on Sun 7/Nov/10 5:56pm

The log across the rock drop track has been removed. The trail is all clear and good to go :)
_MG_1351.jpg
Jimi
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Hardy3 on Mon 8/Nov/10 9:55am

Ranger Steve txt'd me yesterday saying that he had cleared that up. The bottom of damians should be ready to work on as well so keep an eye out to see what's changing there.

Looking forward to riding a full length or rock drop after work!! Cheers heaps to the Wellington City Council for helping us getting these tracks running again :thumbsup:
Hardy3

Conditions | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Public Notices | Regions | Trail Building | Trail Conditions | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts