Re: Mt Vic Super D

Postby benw on Mon 4/Apr/11 8:25pm

Simonk wrote:
Oli wrote:Jonty, what a hard-tail legend! :thumbsup:

His cunning strategy was to ride up the hill for every run down - kept warmed up all day long :)

That's cheating!
benw
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Tue 5/Apr/11 10:05am

ha my strategy was to do a run before my run , and i mean a run , a run down the whole track chasing after a nutbar with a a broken bike.

oh and the knob is still up for business, sadly i learnt that in full effect :crazy: on sunday
Mike_the_Hippy
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Owen on Tue 5/Apr/11 10:47am

Mike_the_Hippy wrote:ha my strategy was to do a run before my run , and i mean a run , a run down the whole track chasing after a nutbar with a a broken bike.

oh and the knob is still up for business, sadly i learnt that in full effect :crazy: on sunday

He's well known by most bike shops in town, we had trouble with him when the Speshy demo day was on the other week. Pain in the arse.
Owen

Postby benw on Tue 5/Apr/11 10:52am

Mike_the_Hippy wrote:ha my strategy was to do a run before my run , and i mean a run , a run down the whole track chasing after a nutbar with a a broken bike.

He ended up right down the bottom towards the end of the day and had another crack at Stacey (second in two days) I would expect he might end up as a berm in the Karori Pump Track if he shows up again and Hadley catches him.

Mike_the_Hippy wrote:oh and the knob is still up for business, sadly i learnt that in full effect :crazy: on sunday

You know Mike they tend to leave the rest of us alone. You must let off a scent or something. But don't worry, if we get to do some building through there this year we can carry protection (WARNING EXPLICIT CONTENT):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_6CZ2JaEuc
benw

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Tue 5/Apr/11 11:04am

to tell you the truth ben , i really did hesitate before tapping that link, you seem to be a sound guy with a family , but you never can tell when the real stuff is gonna come out :)
Mike_the_Hippy

Postby benw on Tue 5/Apr/11 11:17am

Mike_the_Hippy wrote:to tell you the truth ben , i really did hesitate before tapping that link, you seem to be a sound guy with a family , but you never can tell when the real stuff is gonna come out :)

Nice come back. (hurr hurr).
benw

Postby Oli on Tue 5/Apr/11 12:04pm

I get the knob references, but what's the other thing you guys are talking about?
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Tue 5/Apr/11 12:13pm

talking about gay stuff , then ben precedes a link with WARNING EXSPLISIT CONTENT,.......
Mike_the_Hippy

Postby Oli on Tue 5/Apr/11 12:15pm

No, the chasing a dude stuff! Was someone messing with the course or something?
Oli

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Tue 5/Apr/11 12:26pm

some random p freak hippy boagn nutbar decided that it was public land and it couldn't be closed and he could do what ever he wanted , rode off the summit lookout and crashed big time onto the road , then hit a stepdown further down and snapped his ten speed with marzzochi's in half, then walked down the course causing problems and ignoring marshals, so i chased him down ,did a bunch of swearing ,and with a bit help form loclan at burkes managed to send him ff in the opposite direction only to have him turn up at the finish.
Mike_the_Hippy

Postby benw on Tue 5/Apr/11 12:30pm

Mike_the_Hippy wrote:some random p freak hippy boagn nutbar decided that it was public land and it couldn't be closed and he could do what ever he wanted , rode off the summit lookout and crashed big time onto the road , then hit a stepdown further down and snapped his ten speed with marzzochi's in half, then walked down the course causing problems and ignoring marshals, so i chased him down ,did a bunch of swearing ,and with a bit help form loclan at burkes managed to send him ff in the opposite direction only to have him turn up at the finish.

I didn't see the guy myself but from the description of his bike he sounds like he might be a cyclo-cross rider. They tend to be a bit rowdy from what I hear.

I did see the goat track he attempted to ride down and that was epic, there were no takers on Sunday to try that line even with all the DH riders standing around with their rigs and helmets. The guy was an epic clown.
benw

Postby thorg on Tue 5/Apr/11 12:34pm

benw wrote:
Mike_the_Hippy wrote:some random p freak hippy boagn nutbar decided that it was public land and it couldn't be closed and he could do what ever he wanted , rode off the summit lookout and crashed big time onto the road , then hit a stepdown further down and snapped his ten speed with marzzochi's in half, then walked down the course causing problems and ignoring marshals, so i chased him down ,did a bunch of swearing ,and with a bit help form loclan at burkes managed to send him ff in the opposite direction only to have him turn up at the finish.

I didn't see the guy myself but from the description of his bike he sounds like he might be a cyclo-cross rider. They tend to be a bit rowdy from what I hear.
Not a real CX rider if he had marz on the front though.

Also, a cx rider would have picked up the bike and ran the to the finish, not walked.

As for the rowdy bit, yea, that sounds cx :D
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby Oli on Tue 5/Apr/11 12:37pm

Jesus, it takes all sorts, innit?
Oli

Postby EoinC on Tue 5/Apr/11 12:44pm

Oli wrote:Jesus, it takes all sorts, innit?
I heard a whisper that it was Tramadol, not P...
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Postby thelivo on Tue 5/Apr/11 12:51pm

Does anyone know what the bike he was riding was? What color? (I do have a reason for asking)
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Clubs | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Epic Riding | Freeriding (MTB) | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Trail Riding | Wellington | Wellington MTB Club | Wellington Region - Latest Posts