Re: Mt Vic Super D

Postby PeloNZ on Sat 2/Apr/11 9:31pm

Hey, I rode the track 5 times today and would just like to say that the track builders have done a fantastic job! This event will be orsum. Too bad I am too wussy to hit the jumps properly. To all those considering riding it on an XC bike, you will be fine. The track is technical and fun, and the scary bits can be skipped :cool:
PeloNZ
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby wachtourak on Sat 2/Apr/11 10:05pm

Anyone know what the starting order of the classes is? Does open men go last?
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Jono on Sat 2/Apr/11 10:34pm

We'll normally send down open men last. Usually it's something like U15, Junior Women, M40, M30, Senior Men, U17, U19, Open Women, Open Men.

Given the number of people entered it'll probably be 30 second intervals (because waiting for 2 hours on top of a hill gets old real quick).

The wooden jumps that went in today are all pretty good fun (now that we've sorted out the kicky one that was on the gravel above the bombhole - it's now at the end of the new track (and be careful because it's easy to jump to flat if you carry your speed).

The wooden kickers installed saturday will be pulled out immediately following the race.

And remember everyone - registration from 9am (there will be plenty of registration on the day places), practice from 9:30 to 12:30, and racing as soon as we can get everything sorted out at 1pm.
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby benw on Sat 2/Apr/11 11:11pm

Jono wrote:We'll normally send down open men last. Usually it's something like U15, Junior Women, M40, M30, Senior Men, U17, U19, Open Women, Open Men.

Given the number of people entered it'll probably be 30 second intervals (because waiting for 2 hours on top of a hill gets old real quick).

The wooden jumps that went in today are all pretty good fun (now that we've sorted out the kicky one that was on the gravel above the bombhole - it's now at the end of the new track (and be careful because it's easy to jump to flat if you carry your speed).

The wooden kickers installed saturday will be pulled out immediately following the race.

And remember everyone - registration from 9am (there will be plenty of registration on the day places), practice from 9:30 to 12:30, and racing as soon as we can get everything sorted out at 1pm.

With 30 second intervals are you going to run reverse to the usual seeding order, i.e. run the faster riders down before the slower ones? There's going to be lots of passing otherwise isn't there given the wide variance in the starting line up and the length of the track....:-)
benw
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Jono on Sat 2/Apr/11 11:23pm

Yar - something that I was concerned about as well. We'll be having a chat with the timing person tomorrow morning to work out what to do :)
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"

Postby wachtourak on Sun 3/Apr/11 6:57am

Give the person behind me a 2 minute gap or else I will be caught
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby SlackBoy on Sun 3/Apr/11 7:02am

Are you starting just in front of the girls wachy???
SlackBoy

Postby wachtourak on Sun 3/Apr/11 7:12am

sure
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sun 3/Apr/11 8:24am

What a teasandbagger
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby Owen on Sun 3/Apr/11 4:22pm

That was an excellent day out, thanks to those who organised/stood around all day getting cold in order to keep us safe, and thanks to Kurt for smashing me on the climb.
Owen
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby benw on Sun 3/Apr/11 7:03pm

Yes, a great day out. Bummed I flatted towards the end of the course during my race run but a most enjoyable day out none the less. A big thanks to Mike, Rod, the rest of the track builders, Dave and co. for running the event and WCC for putting up with a fair few complaints and raised eyebrows from other members of the Mt Vic user community... Cheers everyone!
benw
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 3/Apr/11 7:16pm

Was hella fun, big ups to all that made it possible, even with a mong crash in my race run sending myself down a bank I still managed to not be DFL and still had a ball. Bring on next year!

Re: the flat, definitely glad I was running tubeless as I took a horror line through one of the root sections in my race run and bottomed the tyre out against the rim so hard...
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby sifter on Sun 3/Apr/11 7:30pm

Was good to see you fellas out there enjoying yourselves... I kinda wish I had my bike with me... :blush:
sifter
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby cruiser on Sun 3/Apr/11 7:33pm

tap tap tap. well....?
cruiser
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 3/Apr/11 7:39pm

Open men: 1. Kurt Lancaster, 2. Ed Crossling 3. Ryan Williamson (I think)

Open women 1. Sasha Smith, 2. Lily Alspach (sp?), 3. Sarah Atkin

U17. 1. Jamahl Stringer

M1. 1. Hadley Boyce

Can't remember the rest, I might be wrong with the above as I did hit my head hard enough to crack my helmet, don't take them as correct haha
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Clubs | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Epic Riding | Freeriding (MTB) | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Trail Riding | Wellington | Wellington MTB Club | Wellington Region - Latest Posts