Viability Of Pushing Up Signal Hill??

Postby samk115 on Thu 9/Jan/14 9:23pm

Hello all.

I am just wondering if there is any decent DH riding that can be accessed by pushing up signal hill. I have not ridden much in dunedin, but remember doing a few shuttle runs on signal hill in about 2008. I dont mind a bit of a hike, but it seems like a pretty massive walk to go all the way to the top, from memory.

Reason for this is i dont really know anybody that rides down here at present to shuttle run with in the evenings/weekends, and i also like to be able to shoot out for a ride for a couple of hours here and there etc.

Cheers!
samk115
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Viability Of Pushing Up Signal Hill??

Postby psychavoc on Thu 9/Jan/14 9:31pm

HEAPS of riding and new tracks up Signal since 2008 for sure! There's even an easy-gradient climb from the bottom of Logan Park to the top (the Big Easy) so if your bike is pedallable, you don't have to walk up the hill (if you feel like pedalling that is!)

Regular shuttles also run during the weekends and sometimes on weekdays as well. Check out the Dunedin Downhill facebook group for info about when shuttles are running :)
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby samk115 on Thu 9/Jan/14 10:11pm

Thanks for that info, i havent ridden the bike yet, but its probably not going to be all that great to pedal up, ill give it a crack though!!

Will join that page and try get along for some shuttle runs, sounds like my cup of tea!!
samk115

Scotty
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby samk115 on Fri 10/Jan/14 10:02am

Cheers scotty, i have joined that goup, look fowards to getting out for a ride now!!
samk115

Lower South Island | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts