Vfr: Giro D'italia 2016

Team Riders    Team Strength    Team Size    Stage Winner   

Buds
    Nibali || Firsanov || Valverde || Betancur || Esteban Chaves || Zakarin || Kruijswijk || Landa || Nizzolo
    Giacomo Nizzolo

Tugboat
    Nibali || Pirazzi || Uran || Ulissi || Valverde || Amador || Esteban Chaves || Nieve || Mccarthy
    Sacha Modolo

Claude
    Nibali || Uran || Firsanov || Ulissi || Roelandts || Esteban Chaves || Zakarin || Landa || Majka
    Giacomo Nizzolo

Spanky Spangler
    Nibali || Uran || Fraile || Kittel || Greipel || Esteban Chaves || Ewan || Zakarin || Majka
    Giacomo Nizzolo

Richie_D
    Kadri || Uran || Kittel || Ulissi || Valverde || Esteban Chaves || Ewan || Zakarin || Landa
    Giacomo Nizzolo

numbnuts
    Pozzovivo || Nibali || Kittel || Valverde || Esteban Chaves || Ewan || Viviani || Hesjedal || Nizzolo
    Giacomo Nizzolo

Kev
    Kittel || Demare || Modolo || Greipel || Valverde || Ewan || Landa || Viviani || Nizzolo
    Sacha Modolo

Slapparoo
    Pozzovivo || Nibali || Kittel || Esteban Chaves || Ewan || Dumoulin || Landa || Majka || Cancellara
    Daniel Oss

gydey
    Fuglsang || Uran || Kittel || Greipel || Dumoulin || Zakarin || Landa || Majka || Hesjedal
    Kristian Sbaragli

noel_whiteside
    Nibali || Uran || Kittel || Demare || Greipel || Dumoulin || Deignan || Roche || Nizzolo
    Andre Greipel

maddogbob
    Nibali || Fuglsang || Pirazzi || Uran || Greipel || Cunego || Ewan || Dumoulin || Hesjedal
    Fabian Cancellara

Derryn Hinch
    Pozzovivo || Nibali || Scarponi || Colbrelli || Formolo || Modolo || Cunego || Viviani || Mareczko
    Giacomo Nizzolo

Rik
    Pozzovivo || Nibali || Haussler || Greipel || Ewan || Dumoulin || Haga || Landa || Hesjedal
    Vincenzo Nibali

Total    13    13    13           

Total responses : 13
Re: Vfr: Giro D'italia 2016

Postby Spanky Spangler on Sun 29/May/16 9:33pm

I picked Giacomo Nizzolo to win the next stage
Spanky Spangler
Member for: 2 years 5 months

Postby gydey on Sun 29/May/16 9:35pm

I picked Kristian Sbaragli to win the next stage
gydey
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Automated Results Posting

Postby vfr on Mon 30/May/16 6:41am

Results for stage-21 of giro-ditalia

RankNameStageBonusTotalMap
1Buds22152156Image
2Tugboat2541992Image
3Claude1241877Image
4Spanky Spangler1201816Image
5Richie_D041743Image
6numbnuts22151727Image
7Kev47301533Image
8Slapparoo1201524Image
9gydey901523Image
10noel_whiteside22151408Image
11maddogbob301287Image
12Derryn Hinch32151132Image
13Rik301086Image

In the end, nobody could catch Buds who led the race since stage 8. Congratulations Buds, you get to keep the Maglia Rosa. Honourable mention to Tugboat who climbed all the way from "2nd to last", after stage 9, all the way to "2nd place overall"; Commiserations to Rik who takes the wooden spoon.

Thank you to all the players and I hope to see you all lined up at the start of the VFR Tour de France in a few weeks time
vfr
Member for: 3 years 7 months

Postby gydey on Mon 30/May/16 8:02am

Chappeau Buds..great team. THanks agin to the VFR team for making this fun :-)
gydey

Postby gydey on Mon 30/May/16 8:02am

Chappeau Buds..great team. THanks agin to the VFR team for making this fun :-)
gydey

Postby Rik on Mon 30/May/16 8:51am

Derryn Hinch wrote:Rik - you stole the maglia negra from me!

Yeah - I'm not happy about that, I was confidently predicting being in pink. I didn't know my medal was going to be wooden and spoon shaped as well :satan:
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Buds on Mon 30/May/16 9:34am

Tickled pink to win the VFR Giro. Time to rest up for the TdF, will be going for the double :satan:
Buds
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby Derryn Hinch on Mon 30/May/16 12:54pm

I reckon that was the most entertaining GT for a long while
Derryn Hinch
User avatarMedal
"....... but I never called her fat!!!"
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby Slapparoo on Mon 30/May/16 4:50pm

What a fantastic Giro, hugely competitive, the course was fantastic so until the very end it didn't favour the true climbers.

I am unfortunately deeply suspicious of Nibali who's "return" to form was not a return to form but a complete transformation from a struggling rider to a rider capable of super human efforts which enabled him to out perform all other riders by a significant margin. In a lot of respects I think it is a sad day for cycling, the excuse can no longer be everyone is doing it, because clearly they are not - it seems in this Giro only Nibali is doing it and only on the last two days.
Slapparoo
Member for: 2 years 3 months

Postby Kev on Mon 30/May/16 5:38pm

When I saw Nibali's sudden return to form, I couldn't help but think of Floyd Landis' solo ride back into contention after blowing up in the 2006 TdF
Kev
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Claude on Mon 30/May/16 7:50pm

Thanks guys for running it again, and well done Buds. Different dynamics to a few of the teams I think, sprinters or climbers - a hard one to balance, but perhaps the Giro is more weighted towards the wee guys.
Bring on the TdF!
Claude
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby Tugboat on Mon 30/May/16 8:01pm

Cheers for another great competition. My gamble to build a team around climbers, and the luck in getting all 9 of them to Turin nearly paid off. Ruing not including at least one sprinter in the team. Chapeau Buds for the win!
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Cycling | Vorb Fantasy Racing - Latest Posts